XV

"Louis" Anne shook him gently. Louis jerked back into reality and nodded.

"I will tell you everything, dear. Follow me, please."

Louis nodded, curious about her and the sudden addition of nervousness in her voice.

She led and he followed her through the hallway. His increasing curiosity had put a stop at his genuine appreciation of the place. He could do nothing but wonder where Anne was taking him.

After a few moments, it seemed, his questions would be answered sooner that he thought as she stopped in front of a rather large door. She looked at him once as if to make sure he was following.

Nodding once to herself, she exhaled before pushing the doors open. The guards standing outside the door stiffened their backs after hearing the creaky sound of the, what seemed like a, less opened room.

She looked inside before signalling Louis to follow her albeit he had already made up his mind to go into the room regardless.

The inside of the room was stark dark when they entered. Louis was reminded of the fact that the woman standing just a few inches away from him wasn't any ordinary woman as Anne flicked her wrist and suddenly the room was illuminated from the flambeaux attached to the walls.

There, on a counter in the middle of the room, was a golden urn.

Anne curbed Louis' curiosity, "My husband's ashes."

Louis gasped, "I'm sorry, I didn't-"

"Don't be. Its not your fault dear. Besides I don't feel sorry about this at all." She sighed.

Louis remained silent but his blue eyes showcased his confusion perfectly. "His name was Luhan, God of Earth. When we mated, years ago, he had promised to love me, adore me. He did keep those promises, but only for a short while. After Harry's birth he had changed. From sleeping with the omegas at the omega-house to harassing the omega servants working here, there wasn't a single sin the man hadn't committed. He wasn't a great man in my eyes and the whole pack despised him. And why shouldn't they, he had been a horrible being. But not to Harry. With his child, he was the sweetest, the kindest alpha to ever exist, the perfect role model. Louis, you must be aware that we Gods don't usually forgive infidelity. But I did. Even though it killed me, everyday, to see new marks on the omega servants' body created by my alpha. It made my skin crawl."

Seeing her take a deep breath, Louis was at her side immediately. He patted her shivering back lightly. "It's okay. You don't have to continue, Anne."

"You are supposed to know this Louis, as you are the last chance I have." She breathed.

"What last chance, Anne? What are you talking about?" Louis asked with confusion prominent on his face.

"I've been devoid of motherhood for a long time, Louis. Mother of the strongest alpha in the world, yet I've never had the chance to love my own son, to be loved by him. You're my last chance to get my son back, Louis. So, please let me tell you this." She said, tears pooled in her eyes.

Louis nodded as he was at a loss of words.

"I forgave him and all his sins. He had slept with almost every omega in the castle, but all of them were willing to warm his bed. I accepted that. But when he had taken an omega, smaller than his fifteen year old son, against her will. That's when I cracked, Louis. The fire in my veins wasn't controllable anymore. It simmered and simmered until it started seeping out of my wrists only to hold my other half in a tangle. He had begged but I didn't stop. The blood on the sheets that belonged to the half dead omega lying naked on the floor didn't let me stop. Her cries of help in my head didn't let me stop. The violent bruises on her bare body almost begged me to never stop, and I didn't. I didn't stop until he burst into what is in that urn; ashes."