XVI

The night sky speaks to me,

It has taught me the importance of darkness,

As without the dark, no one would appreciate the twinkle of the stars.

"Tell me about him." The warm water of the bath relaxed his muscles as Laili continued to massage scented oils on his shoulders. Rose petals sticking to his wet body as he swayed his arms delicately in the water.

"Who, sir?" She didn't stop making soothing patterns on the pale skin.

"M-My alpha." The shoulders that his help had been working on tensed as his breath hitched.

Laili smiled, "He is the strongest, wisest alpha this pack has and probably will ever serve. Not only our clan, other clans respect him a lot. He is the bravest warrior who is much like an unstoppable force when furious. We truly love our alpha."

Louis's body relaxed a bit, "Oh I thought everyone was scared of him."

"Oh no no, I mean, everyone is intimidated by him because of his God status, I mean, he IS the god of power and wrath. But we are very confident in him, he has never hurt anyone in the pack without any legitimate reason." She took a big dollop of shampoo in her palm and started lathering his hair with the thick foam.

Louis felt himself smile a little at that. He thought that the alpha was ruthless towards the packs he rules and he was happy to be proved wronged.

'At least he isn't mean to people, me being the only exception to that. What have I done to him?'

"Sir, may I say something to you?" Laili said softly. Louis hummed.

"I know its not my place, but I request you to please give this some time and him some love."

Louis turned and looked at her with wide eyes full of disbelief.

He shook his head once, "Laili can you love someone who doesn't love you?"

She maintained her silence for a couple of minutes before baring her neck and exposing the area just above her collarbones. Louis gasped out loud at the sight of a brash mating mark, the horrible pain evident in the red outlining the mark. Louis couldn't stomach looking at that for more than a second. He looked up with sympathy evident in his eyes.

"He had turned feral after the omega he loved rejected him. The pain that his alpha had felt called me and I ran towards the direction my inner omega led me in. I had felt every bit of agony he was feeling that night, maybe even more. He mated me right there on the ground, in front of everyone. After his vision cleared and he saw me attached to him, he became so angry because I wasn't her. He knew I was his soulmate, that his soul belonged with mine. He had bit me while everyone laughed at my misfortune. The wound of the bite didn't heal because he hadn't felt anything for me and neither did he try to heal it afterwards. He just left."

Laili was surprisingly calm when narrating her story to the omega she met just that day. There was no air of hesitance around her. Louis had only been in this pack for less than a day and he was filled with sympathy, love and pride for Laili and Anne. Even though his pack came under the same clan, he had never heard such atrocities happen at his.

"Did you tell alpha? Did he do something about your mate?" Louis was furious at the idea of someone biting their mate and leaving them. No one deserves that, especially an omega as sweet as Laili.

"He would have." Laili said.

"What do you mean?" Louis asked.

"If I had told him." Louis' eyebrows raised as he opened his mouth to ask the millions of questions racing in his head.