Chapter 24

How we met!

"David! Hi," she said. "Sakura you are here!" he replied. "This is my fiancée Samira!" he introduced."Hi!" she said. "And this is my boyfriend Takashi! You had met him last night remember!"She said. "Oh yes! I remember" he said. "Please have a seat!" Samira said. "So, Sakura, Takashi is your boyfriend?" David asked. "Yes, he is my beloved boyfriend!" Sakura said. "But last night when I met you guys it seemed different!" he said. "Well, actually she is a bit shy in public and doesn't like to show off so she acted like we were just, you know, friends!" I said. "So, would you guys like to tell how you met and who made the first move?" Samira asked. "Well before that why don't you share your wonderful story?" Sakura said. "So I met David at his football match. I was in charge of looking at the injuries of the players and when I went to the washroom I accidentally went inside the men's one and I bumped into him. And I apologized to him for my behaviour and he asked me out so before he did it for fun but then he falls for me and here we are now!" She said. "Wow, what a wonderful story Samira!" Sakura said. "Tell us yours!" David said. She seemed a little nervous I so I took the lead and said. "Umm, Sunshine don't worry if you are shy then it is fine I will tell our story!" I said and winked at her. "Alright, go on!" she said. "Well met two years ago at New Year. I along with my colleagues we missed New Year's Eve so we decide to went to Temple and I was the one who was left out. I looked for coins in my wallet and they fall to the ground and a girl behind me help to pick them up for me. I didn't notice her face at first but then as simple as the water she looked. She said something that day "Excuse my mind if I join you because I am getting late to meet someone." "Okay, sure and thank you for helping me out!" I had said to her. I don't remember what was her whole outfit was, but I remember she wore a red coat that was long and covers her knees. I knew she was a stranger but no one accept her help me there so, I wanted to thank her properly but she already had left and I never even got the chance to ask her. Weeks passed I never saw her again after that day I had already forgotten about that girl and how she looked. But I met someone at Wan Company who was very independent and caught my eyes. I never asked her which branch she was but she became a really good friend of mine. A friend who I used to see every day at the station. Once I met her at a flower shop on Valentine's Day saw her buying lilies. I asked her why she bought lilies, she said-colour liked the colour white and like lilies. She gave me a rose plant to save mother earth. And when I went back home, my brothers asked me who gave this plant I said 'A girl who loves trees'. God may have blessed me that day I met her that day. I didn't have anything to return to her so I gave her a heart-shaped balloon but, I didn't know I had given her my heart that day and she gave me gave the pant as her happiness and love. Ever since then we became so good friends. But I was not the one who had made the first move, it was her, she proposed to me asked me to be her boyfriend in the spring festival." I stopped because after this our life changed and I don't want to remember it. We broke up. "Wow, that was a nice story." David said, "You are lucky to have him!" she said. Everything I said was true and it did happen. We finished our lunch and started to go home.

     Sakura looked pale she said, "Hey, the story you just told was really beautiful! She said. "Oh really!" I said. "Yeah! But it must be how you met the girl you like right? It's probably not for me! And we met first at the hospital!" she said. "Yeah you are right; it is how I met the person I like! And you don't remember how we met" I said. "You are right it's better to forget your past and live in the present because what had already happened I can't change it," she said. She is right though, we can't change what had happened in the past!