CHAPTER 1

Valerie's POV

It was 4 weeks before winter testing would begin. I walked into the red bull factory in Milton Keynes. I would be starting my new job as the head chef for the Red Bull team. I would also be beginning my new role as head dietitian for both drivers and provide helpful insight for the trainers to help with their drivers dietary requirements for the upcoming season.

I walked with confidence pass the main doors and was greeted by no other than Christian Horner.

"Valerie, we are very excited to have you on board. If you're as good as you are on paper then we are very fortunate to have you." Christian beamed at me.

"Oh well I'm looking forward to bringing the best food to fuel the best team." I replied feeling very nervous to deliver.

"Well, this is your access card and keys to your office. I'll see you at the the morning briefing tomorrow to introduce you to the drivers and their trainers." Christian said.

"Sarah will now show you to your office." Christian waved and his PA trailed behind him as they both walked off.

"This way please, Miss Newan." Sarah directed me towards the kitchen.

I keenly followed and tried to remember the correct corridors from the entrance so that I wouldn't get lost tomorrow. I looked at all the walls that were graced with all the victories Red Bull had achieved over the years which brought me back to my memory of all the trophies at the entrance. I have always loved motor sport but with studying and working late nights in Michelin star restaurants I had not been able to keep up with the recent seasons.

I knew that currently red bull had an Australian driver who was Mark Webber and a young hot blooded German that was had just secured his 3rd WDC. Sebastian Vettel. How could anyone not recognise those steel blue eyes fuelled with nothing but passion and drive to win. To be the best.

Sarah finally reached the kitchen which was situated near the garage. I could hear the drills and the smell of petrol filled my nostrils. I smiled and closely followed Sarah as the entered the kitchen.

"Your team are all here waiting and very excited to meet you." Sarah gestured towards the group of already dressed staff who were mid conversation but all halted as they became aware of my presence.

"Hi everyone I'm Valerie. I look forward to working with you all." I smiled towards everyone.

"I'm Sam. I'll 'be your main left hand and this is Tyler. She will be your main kitchen hand with all the prep work and here we have Tara and Ben. They are your serves and runners. They do the most of the serving whilst running tables." Sam very kindly introduced the entire team.

"We look forward to dishing out your incredible food." Tyler said. "I've actually seen your work in Le cafe in central London. Your sauces are to die for. Im excited to learn from an actual Michelin star chef." She brightly smiled towards me.

I warmly greeted each member of the team and turned to Sarah.

"When can I start?" I asked as I briefly looked around the stainless steel kitchen.

"Tomorrow will be your offical first day but you are more than welcome to familiarise yourself with the kitchen today." Sarah stated.

"Wonderful! I'll definitely do that. This is this weeks main meal prep that I've already planned out. I actually hoped to run it by the you guys today so that tomorrow's trade will run smoothly." I said as I took out pre made booklets that I had prepared the previous week. I handed them to the entire team and I watched warily as they all scanned the contents of the documents.