CHAPTER 29

Val's POV

After a very quick dash back to my hotel room from Seb's room this morning, I was soon at the track nice and early preparing for the long day ahead. More fans were allowed to enter the paddock because of qualifying but it meant more work for the hospitality team. I had just finished the set menu for all the corporate boxes and was about to begin the drivers lunch before they began p3 when suddenly Tara burst into the kitchen.

"Valerie! Someone at the front want's to speak to the chef. He say's he's from one of the corporate boxes." Tara said with a confused look on her face. I washed my hands and fixed my hair and made sure there wasn't any stains on my chef's jacket. I walked into the main foyer and I looked around and couldn't see anyone. I was about to walk back into the kitchen when suddenly Sebastian appeared in front of me in his fire proofs and racing suit tied around is waist. I bit my lip trying to hide my smirk but failed as I made my way towards him.

"What can I do for you Mr Vettel?" I said trying my hardest not to embrace him especially when he looked that hot in his race gear.

"I was hoping to pick up my lunch from you." Seb said with a cheeky smile. As we were lost in our own bubble we suddenly heard a cough and we both came face to face with Jacob who was glaring at us.

"Don't you two look cosy. Val, It's been a while. How have you been?" Jacob said with nothing but bitterness laced in his tone. I frowned and before I could say anything Sebastian moved in front of me putting himself between Jacob and I.

"What do you think you're doing?" Seb asked in a hushed whisper trying to ease the tension. I was biting my lip trying not lash out at Jacob in that very moment.

'I was wanting to speak to Val but it seems like she is too preoccupied with you." Jacob said with a sad smile and it was my turn to react.

"What could you possibly have to say to me Jacob?" I asked with a displeased look on my face as I stood in front of Sebastian. I knew that we were in public and that it was the last place to cause a scene.

"Look Val, I messaged you saying I wanted to work things out but I understand you're dating a hot shot driver but just know I won't give up on us. I'll find you after the race." Was all Jacob said and walked out of the motorhome before I had a chance to respond. I looked at Seb with a distressed look and tried my hardest not to cry. Seb instantly noticed that I was about to cry so he quickly grabbed my hand and ushered me back into the kitchen. Everyone's eyes were on us as soon as we entered to the back of the kitchen but Seb didn't seemed one bit phased and even as I tried to let go of his hand he held on ever tighter. Seeing that the entire team knew that we were together I sighed and pulled Seb into the cold room and shut the door since that was the only place we could get any privacy. I stood there with tears brimming my eyes and I titled my head back trying to stop the tears and most importantly I was trying to show Seb that I wasn't fazed by seeing Jacob. The last thing I wanted was to worry Seb right before qualifying.

"I am so sorry Seb. I can't believe he would show up like this. I want you to now that these tears are from frustration and nothing else. I am so frustrated that Jacob would do this and I don't know why he would think that I would ever take him back. He was so rude to you before too and now I'm a mess right before you have to qualify too." I said covering my face with both hands as I let the tears finally escape. Seb stepped forward and embraced me while rocking me side to side. He pried my hands from my face and I knew that I looked like a mess with swollen eyes and a red nose.

"Don't worry about me Val, I know that Jacob is trying to get in between us but by him doing this just motivates me to want to win more. He called me a hot shot driver so I'll show him just how hot I can get." Seb said and I laughed into his chest trying to hide my face. Seb was having none of that and lifted my chin and kissed me deeply and I smiled into the kiss from how cold both of our lips were getting.

"Let's get out of here before the rest of my team die from the suspense of us being in here together. Plus I can't have my hot shot driver freeze to death before qualifying." I said taking Seb's hand as I opened the door to the cold room and was met with 15 sets of eyes staring at us but quickly everyone got back to work trying to hide the fact that they were most definitely eavesdropping.

"Sorry about that team, crisis has been averted but I'd like to ask you guys all a favour. Make sure Val is eating and drinking enough water today please. Also if anyone asks to see her say she's busy." Seb said confidently to the team and my mouth fell wide open at his sudden request to my team who were all just as shocked as I was by Seb's admission to our relationship. I smacked Seb and he yelped rubbing his arm but that cheeky smile on his face said otherwise.

"You want us to keep Dany Ric away from Valerie?" Sam said and everyone laughed and so did Seb and I as the mood in the kitchen lightened.

"Especially Dany Ric." Seb said with a smirk and the team laughed knowing that Seb was joking around. What Seb did next made the entire kitchen break out in swoons and wolf whistles. He had grabbed me by the waist and captured my lips in a hot but sweet kiss. Before I could kiss him back he broke apart and winked at me with a full blown grin on his face.

"I'm going to get pole and just know it's going to be because of you liebling." Seb said giving me one last kiss before waving at my team and leaving the kitchen. I was still standing there with an embarrassed smile on my face but deep down I was absolutely smitten.

I cleared my throat and bit my lip as I looked at my team in the kitchen who were waiting for me to say something.

"I am sorry about that team, I would appreciate it if you kept this between us." I said fiddling with my chefs jacket.

"Don't worry about it boss! But are you okay?" Tara said coming to my side and giving me hug.

"I am fine so don't worry about me. I want to apologise for this and I promise it won't happen again. So let's get back to work and for my sanity please forgot about that last 10 minutes and I promise to get the first round after the race on Sunday." I said putting my apron back on and washing my hands. The team cheered and we all got back into full swing and got back to work.

Seb's Pov

After leaving the motorhome and jogging back to the garage, I was soon strapped into the car and heading into practice 3 but all I could think about was how cute Val looked with her red nose and swollen lips. I hadn't even tried to push knowing that I would have a set of mediums for qualifying so I just made sure to get the car back to the garage before Q1. I meant every word I had said to Val that I wouldn't let Jacob get in the way of our relationship but I felt my heart strings pull when Val told me that she was sorry for being upset from our encounter earlier with Jacob. I knew that seeing Jacob would have been overwhelming for her but it made my heart break slightly when all she was worried about was whether or not her reaction would jeopardise my qualifying. I shook off all my thoughts as I made it back to the garage and got out of the car and heading to my drivers room to cool down.

"How are you feeling Seb?" Hekki said as he handed me my protein shake.

"I'll be honest Hekki, I am so hungry for this pole so just know that I am going to get it." I said looking straight ahead as Hekki smile knowing that I meant every word.

"I'll see you when you get that pole but for now how about some stretches?" Hekki said and I nodded finishing my shake. After a few stretches and reaction tests I was strapped back into the car and made my way into Q1. With ease I made it into Q2 and before I knew it Q3 was commencing. I had begun my hot lap and as soon as I left corner 7 my race engineer confirmed that I was purple in all sectors so I pushed even harder and soon I was crossing the finish line and I could hear the crowd around me cheer loudly and as I made it back to the pit lane I heard the most satisfying 5 words.

"You have pole position Sebastian."

I cheered and pumped my hand into the air as I smiled under my helmet but not realising that my radio was still on I said. "That was for you Val."