CHAPTER 18

Val's POV

After that embarrassing encounter with Britta and Hekki I stormed out of the garage and head straight back into the hospitality lounge and quickly tried to calm my nerves. Not only did they both just catch Seb and I in a very intimate moment but Britta was right, we could have been caught in that very moment and the season hadn't even begun. To top it off I can't imagine the headline for that scandal would look too pretty.

"F1 Champ caught making out with cook."

I grimaced at the thought of that ever happening and quickly grabbed a bottle of water trying to cool myself down. Some water dribbled down the side of my lips and as I wiped it I remembered how hot that kiss with Seb was. He looked even sexier in his race suit and that fire proof hugged his toned chest making him more irresistible. God and that kiss was divine! The way he grabbed me and held onto me and somehow moved us onto the bed making me straddle him with such ease made me realise how strong Seb really was. I was completely dazed and zoned out until a hand broke me out of my trance and I looked up to see Daniel smiling at me and looking at me with those puppy dog eyes.

"What are you day dreaming about there Ms Newan?" he said titling his head to the side and looking at me curiously.

"About how sexy Seb looks in his race suit." I said back casually with a straight face before walking off to the back of the kitchen leaving Daniel standing there with his mouth slightly open.

"YUCK!" I heard Daniel yell and I laughed loud enough so that he could hear me.

Seb's POV

After a gruelling session and getting a feel of Heidi I finally made it back to the pits after getting enough data for the team. Obviously I didn't push my hardest because we didn't want other teams to see our full potential for this upcoming season. I knew for a fact when I drove past Alonso that he was also holding back. I parked into the frame of in front of the guys and they practiced a pitstop and then lifted Heidi and pushed us both back into the garage. I hoisted myself out of the car and jumped out taking off my helmet and balaclava. I ruffled my hair and I knew it would have been sticking up in all directions from the sweat but I didn't care. A few mechanics came up to me and showed me some of the data on their laptops. They showed me when I would understeer and oversteer but mainly when I would brake too hard along with which tyres had more graining then the others. I nodded taking in all the feedback and then I felt a small tap and saw Britta motioning for me to head towards the paddock to fulfil my media duties. I sighed deeply and quickly grabbed the cap Britta was holding for me and then followed Britta out of the garage. I made my way towards the first group of interviewers and stopped in front of sky sport news since they I was booked in for a 5 minute slot.

"Sebastian! The current and former world champion." Natalie said with a bright smile and I chuckled at her compliment.

"God you're making me blush." I said with a cheeky smile but I saw Britta slightly frowning so I knew I had to be on my best behaviour which meant no mindless flirting.

"How did the car feel on the track today and what have you decided to name her this season?" Natalie asked pointing the microphone in my direction.

"It feels good to be back on the track and the car feels great so I want to give all props to the guys back at the factory and in the garage. This season I've decided to call her hungry Heidi. Don't ask me why because it just is." I said laughing knowing full well Natalie would ask why I named my car hungry Heidi this season.

"Fine I won't ask about that but there is something I would like to ask." Natalie asked and by the suggestive tone I knew exactly what she wanted to ask me.

"There has been some photos that have surfaced over the Christmas break with you and a mystery woman. Care to comment on this matter?" Natalie said not beating around the bush and getting straight to the point. I laughed and looked straight at Britta trying to signal for help but there was nothing Britta could do without raising any suspicions.

"Straight to the butter huh?" I said smirking trying to feign a confident persona but deep down I was shitting myself trying to find the right answer without saying the wrong thing.

"I am currently dating the woman in the photos and we would appreciate it if everyone would respect our privacy and when we are ready we will share with the world." I said trying to stay as calm as possible but I couldn't hide my smile. Natalie could sense from my answer that it was all she would be able to get out of me so she decide to leave it be and carry on with the rest of the interview. Finally I was done with media duties and headed towards my driver room to get changed to head back to the hotel. When I arrived at to my room I opened the door and was greeted with the sight of Val sleeping on my bed looking like an angel. She must have been exhausted from her schedule but we had promised each other that e would head back to the hotel together. I quickly got changed and when I was done I carefully shook Val to wake her up.

"Liebling, wake up, lets head back to the hotel." I said in a quiet whisper. Val opened her eyes and in that moment she looked so adorable and I couldn't help myself as I cup her cheeks and kiss her gently. She moaned and respond to the kiss but we both pulled away before it could more heated. We both stood up and headed towards my car. Britta and Hekki already headed back to hotel and by the time Val and I left there were no reporters or staff behind so we made it to my car with ease.

"How was your day?" Val asked with a whisper still laced with sleep.

"It was okay but it's about to get a whole lot better." I said with a cheeky smile and drove us out of the paddock and towards our hotel. I bent over and took a hold of Val's hand and gave it a quick squeeze since I couldn't wait to tell her about my interview with Sky sports.