CHAPTER 39

Val's POV

I had finally finished work for the day as I walked out of the kitchen. I made my way out of the motor home and for some reason I felt like everyones eyes were on me as I made my way towards the paddock. I knew that the race finished and that Seb had won the race so I was expecting all the reporters to have swarmed towards the pit lane to catch a glimpse of the podium but their lenses seemed to be pointed at me. I quickly grabbed my phone and saw that I had a few missed calls from Seb but also from Britta. I heard cameras clicking and saw that they were taking pictures of me and soon I was swarmed by reporters shouting at me. I couldn't make out what they were saying since they were all shouting at me at once.

"Is it true that you're dating Sebastian Vettel?"

"Is this how you got your job?"

"How long have you been dating?"

"Does the team know?"

"Did Daniel introduce you to Sebastian?"

"Have you seen the pictures online?"

I was stunned and felt tears brimming when suddenly I felt someone take my hand and pull me back into the motorhome away from all the reporters. I kept my head down and tried not to let them see me crying but soon the tears came streaming down my face. I looked up and saw that it was Daniel who had pulled me away from the reporters and was now looking at me with wide eyes as he saw me crying.

"Fuck Val. What happened?" He asked standing in front of me using his larger frame to block the photographers view since they were still standing outside the motorhome trying to catch a glimpse of me. They weren't allowed to enter any motorhomes unless they had a pass which luckily none of them did.

"I think someone has leaked that Sebastian and I are dating. They were asking me how long we had been dating. I should have known something was wrong when I saw all those missed calls from Britta and Seb." I said wiping my eyes and running my hands through my hair and letting out a frustrated sigh. Daniel didn't know what do he put a hand on my shoulder making me look up at him.

"We need to get you out of here and away from the paddock before they follow you to your hotel." Daniel said leading us away from the reporters. I began to follow Daniel when suddenly the doors to the motorhome entrance flung open and a disheveled Seb came running towards us. Not too long after a breathless Hekki was also standing next to Seb sharing the same distressed look on their face. I tried not to cry or cause a scene since I could hear the camera clicks going off outside. I quickly ran towards the hallway away from everyone. I into the bathroom and locked the door and sunk to the floor. I took out my phone and looked up Seb's name and covered my mouth trying to control my sobs. There it was plastered online for the world to see. Pictures of Seb and I kissing at the park and then in front of his car after we had left the restaurant. There was even pictures of me alone from last week when I was getting coffee before work. I quickly threw my phone on the floor and let the sobs I had been trying to hold back consume me. Those articles were nasty and mean. They went into explicit details painting it out that I only got the job because I was friends with Daniel and that I was receiving special treatment from Seb. I knew this was going to happen but nothing could prepare me for this feeling of complete violation of my privacy. All my hard work was now reduced to nothing. My skills and passion for food now being described as an act to try and seduce Seb. A loud knock startled me as I heard Seb shouting my name.

"Valerie! Where are you? Please I need to see you." Seb said with a panic lacing is voice. This wasn't his fault and I didn't want him to think that it was. I quickly wiped my eyes and fixed my hair and opening the door. Seb took in the sight of my red eyes and trembling lips and instantly pulled me into his chest hugging me.