CHAPTER 10

Val's POV

I walked into the factory with a content smile on my face. Today I would have a meeting with Christian and the legal team to discuss the NDA contract with my new relationship with Sebastian. I had butterflies in my stomach but I was head over heels for Seb that nothing could hinder my decision to be with him despite the contracts, cameras and press. I was swiping my card to enter the main foyer when I bumped into a broad chest dropping all my files for this weeks meals on the floor. The stranger bent down and helped pick up my files.

"Fuck my bad! Let me help you love." He said in a heavy Aussie accent. I looked up and was met with a pair of familiar brown eyes.

"Daniel?" I said in complete shock.

"No way! Val is that you? God it's been years how ya doin?" He said in complete shock but soon cracked his signature smile baring all his teeth and reaching his eyes. He pulled me into a hug and pulled me into the main lobby drawing attention to us. I pulled away and shook my head in disbelief, I knew Daniel had been in F1 but I wasn't aware he was apart of Redbull.

"Yes! I haven't seen you since your birthday back in Australia. How are you?" I asked.

"I should be asking you that! What are you doing here?" He asked still smiling and towering over me.

"I'm the head cook and head dietician here." I answered.

"Last I heard you were cooking all over the world in 5 star restaurants I would have never picked that you would join the F1 circus. I am pleasantly surprised and so glad to see a familiar face here. Val I'm so happy that you're here! I didn't think I would hear from you again after you gapped it and left Australia without telling any of us!" He said hugging me again earning looks from everyone.

Just to give a brief flash back Daniel was good friends with my ex Jacob. Yes, the one that cheated on me in my bed with my neighbour. I had met Daniel on a handful of occasions but after what happened I picked up and left without a second glance behind me or at anyone in my past connected to Jacob. I didn't feel the need to keep in contact nor check in on anyone from back home I was too busy working to care really. Now it was like my past had caught up to me and everything I surpassed had hit me right on my behind or was quiet literally standing in front of me. I shook back all the painful memories and smiled lightly punching him on the shoulder.

"It'll be nice to have another Aussie around! No one here seems to get what I'm saying or understand my need to say fuck in every sentence or what arvo and servo mean." I said laughing.

"Yeah nah you'll get used to it. Fuck I need to get going! Whats your number? We need to catch up, how about dinner tonight?" He asked giving me his phone.

I punched in my number "Yes dinner tonight sounds good. I'll catch you later." I waved at him as he made his way put of the main foyer. I was now standing alone and everyone was looking at me strange. I put my head down and made a beeline towards my office. As if I couldn't draw more attention to myself I was just seen hugging another driver in the main foyer in front of everyone. I had made it into my office and just as I sat down my door swung open to reveal a very handsome but out of breath Sebastian. He quickly closed the door making sure no one was there and locked it. He walked towards me and pulled me up engulfing me in a tight hug.

"Hi beautiful I've missed you." He said letting go and looking at me with the dreamiest eyes. I bit my lip and looked making sure no one was outside my office window even though the blinds were closed. I went on my tippy toes and gave him a sweet kiss that lingered but not before we could get carried away like last night.

"I've missed you too." I said pulling away stroking his face. It seemed like the that kissed put him in a daze since he was looking at me with a lazy smile and had his head titled like a puppy. I groaned at how cute he was and kissed him again. We both laughed and enjoyed the moment together knowing that we both had to go our seperate ways and act professional in front of everyone in the factory.