CHAPTER 17

Seb's POV

Seeing Val this morning had instantly brighten my mood heading into the drivers briefing. It would be the first time seeing the other drivers since last years race and of course they would be friendly banter but I know for a fact I wasn't on good terms with everyone. The elephant in the room would of course be between Mark and I ever since the multi 21 incident. To be honest behind closed doors we had already sorted it out but the media continues to add fuel to the fire which was something we had to deal with. I had entered the room and saw that almost all the drivers had arrived including Mark. I walked in and sat next to Lewis at the front since no one was sitting next to him and to be honest I was steering clear of Alonso who was sat right in the middle sporting his red Ferrari polo looking smug. God I didn't want to hate the guy but he made it so hard for me to like him too. I agree that last season we had fought hard against each other for the drivers championship but the comments from his end were all mind games talking about how we were good friends off track and how he respected me when all of that was far from the truth. He never once greeted me and whenever I tried greeting him he always acted like I was invisible and ignored me. This year I decided two can play that game so when he made eye contact with me I simply looked away.

"Did it just get colder in here or are you and Alonso about to kill each other." Lewis whispered to me as I looked ahead. I leaned in and answered Lewis.

"Alonso wants to play mind games and the season hasn't even begun so two can play this game." I said back with a smirk but I made sure to say Alonso's name loud enough so that the entire room could faintly hear it so they could come up with their own ideas of what I could possibly be saying. Soon Charlie Whiting walked in and cleared his throat through the microphone to get everyones attention. I slid down my seat and prepared for the next hour or so of being reminded of the regulations were for the season but also warned of the penalties we would receive for breaching those rules.

After what felt like forever Charlie finally wrapped up his lecture and scanned the room looking at us with a straight face.

"Now were there any questions?" Charlie asked looking directly at me as if warning me not to make any stupid remarks. I let out a small chuckle at Charlie's poor attempt of a glare and raised my hand anyway.

"Could you please repeat the part about the rules and what would happen if we broke them?" I said earning a collective groan from almost everyone in the room. I shrugged and laughed as Lewis tried to hold in his laugh but he was clearly amused.

"So you want me to repeat everything I said within the last hour of this briefing? Why were you not listening the whole time?" Charlie asked with a stern frown.

"I was distracted by your eyes Charlie." I said earning laughs all around the room. I could see Charlie was getting annoyed with me so I decide to shut my mouth and sink back into my seat. Charlie wrapped up the briefing and dismissed us so that we could all finally head to the track to get a feel of the car for the season. I stood up and instantly tried to find Britta and as soon as I made eye contact with her I turned to say bye to Lewis but with doing so I made eye contact with Alonso who was glaring at me but I simply returned a cheeky smile to anger him.

We made our way towards the pit lane and I headed into my drivers room to change into my fire proof gear along with my racing suit. After changing into my racing shoes I heard a knock on the door and looked up to see Valerie standing in the hallway holding my lunch and juice. I stood up immediately and pulled her into my drivers room and closed the door with a loud thud. Val yelped in surprise and was trying to grip tightly the food in her hands as I hugged her and held her by the waist. She looked flustered and was biting her lip trying to hide her smile since she clearly was enjoying the moment just like me. I dove in and kissed her in a heated kiss and as we separated I grabbed the food and drink from her hands and placed them down quickly on my massage table and kissed her against it but this time she grabbed onto my shoulders and deepened the kiss with her now free hands. I cupped her face and as we kissed I soon felt the end of the bed that was meant for rests in-between practice sessions but it seems that it was about to be used for a better purpose. I was now sat on the edge of the bed with Val straddling me as we kissed fervently as though if we were to stop we would never have a chance to see each other again. Suddenly the door swung open and there stood Britta and Hekki with their mouths wide open. They both quickly shut the as Val and I detached our selves from each other and Val fixed her hair while I readjusted my racing suit.

"Jesus Christ you two! What if that was a mechanic or worst Christian looking for you too." Britta said in a stern voice. Val quickly hid behind me and buried her face into my back trying to hide from Britta and Hekki. I laughed and tried to pull Val in front of me but she stayed put behind me.

"Sorry Britta! It won't happen again." I said with a slight chuckle and finally being able to pull Val to my side. Her cheeks were flushed and she was still holding onto my arms not being able to make eye contact with Britta or Hekki.

"Looks like you won't be sleeping at all this weekend Britta." Hekki said gently nudging Britta and earning a glare from me.

"It's fine Val. Don't be embarrassed but you two need to be careful unless you want to announce that you're dating but I would highly advise against that since the season hasn't even started and if you wish to actually be able to spend time together without having your every move monitored I would wait until you are in the safety of your home." Britta said with a soft smile and I could tell by her change of tone that she was trying to comfort Val since Britta probably felt bad for somewhat raising her voice at Val since she was so used to doing that with me but for Val it must have been a shock. I nodded and so did Val since she finally lifted her head and made eye contact with Britta and Hekki.

"Thankyou Britta, it won't happen again I promise. I have to get back to work but make sure you drink all that juice Seb and I'll check later with Hekki whether you did or not." Val said giving me a quick kiss before leaving the room leaving me standing there smiling like a fool in love. Now that we were alone Britta and Hekki were looking at me as if waiting for me to explain myself.

"What?" I said with an innocent smile.

"Don't what us! For the sake of my sanity can you please be more careful when you're around Valerie. You need to control those hormones and focus on driving this weekend and every other weekend this season." Britta said in an exasperated sigh.

"I promise I will try and behave around Val and not cause you any grief but I plan on asking Val for us to go public when we go on summer break." I said putting on the rest of my gear and grabbing my helmet. Britta jutted her lip and thought about what I just said and began nodding her head.

"That I can deal but for now behave please and good luck with testing, we can put together a statement closer to then." Britta said with a warm smile and gently patted my shoulder. Soon I made my way into the paddock and into my side of the garage and fist bumped a few mechanics and made my way to hungry Heidi. Yes that was what I decided to call my car this year. I saw Evan standing next to my car doing some check while holding a few charts.

"Hey Evan." I said giving him a fist bump. He smiled and put his clip board down and taking off his head set.

"Hey Seb how are you doing? I saw Val earlier with Daniel and as if one Aussie wasn't enough now we have two! He is very defensive of her so I would watch out for him. I feel like he has a thing for her while she is oblivious to it." He said watching me trying to gauge a reaction. I shrugged and feigned disinterest and put helmet on as I hoisted myself into the cock pit of my car.

I sat there waiting for the green light to exit the pit lane but before the left I motioned for Evan to come closer to me which he did bending down into the cock pit.

"She's already mine." I yelled quickly and Evan's jaw was wide open but soon I was given the all clear and Evan quickly stepped back and I sped off onto the track not giving him a chance to respond to my confession. Hearing that Daniel might be into Val ignited a fire inside me and I was determined to come out on top for this weekends testing and show Val who she was really dating.