CHAPTER 28

Seb's POV

I was walking through the paddock and heading towards the teams morning briefing before practice when I spotted a familiar face walking towards me. Jacob was with a few of his mates heading towards their corporate box to view todays practice session. His friends noticed me and slowed their pace to look at me but my line of sight was focused on Jacob. He stopped in his tracks and looked down unable to make eye contact with me. I laughed and shook my head and continued walking towards the garage but I could hear Jacob's friends asking him. "Do you know Sebastian Vettel? He was definitely looking at you."

"I met him yesterday when I was with Dany but he looked at me the same way he did just then." Jacob answered.

I shook off the encounter and tried to focus on the task at hand and greet all the guys on my side of the garage. They gave the run down for the strategy we were adapting for P1 and P2 along with how many laps we wanted to go for with each tyre choice as well. We knew Mercedes were fast and so were Ferrari but with both teams hiding their full potential on track we knew this season was going to be nothing like ever before. I hopped into the car and waited for the radio checks and the all green to go. Once I was given the okay I drifted out of the pit lane and onto the track to get a feel of the track and get a feel of hungry Heidi too.

"How is the car feeling Seb?" I heard through the radio as I exited corner 12 onto the last main straight across the finish line.

"She's on fire! I can't wait to push her in quali tomorrow guys." I said heading back to the pit lane and stopped for a pit stop practise. I got out of the car and went straight to the team and looked through the data as they showed me where I had to watch for track limits and where I had to push harder. I went to my drivers room and found a very cute surprise on my table.

"Have a great day superstar, I'll see you later." Was written on a note that was taped onto my meal. I smiled and put the note into my pocket before anyone could see it. I tucked into my lunch alone and waited for a mechanic to come in to let me know that the next practice session was starting. I heard on the knock on the door and continued eating expecting to see my race engineer but it wasn't.

"Hey Sebastian."

I looked up and there stood Jacob with a tight smile and nervous eyes.

"Who let you in here?" I spat as I stood up and put my lunch down.

"I kinda just wandered in and no one really noticed." Jacob said as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

"I don't know how else to say this Sebastian but I know that Val is the woman in the pictures with you. I knew in a heart beat when I saw the images on the internet. I also know that she's working for red bull now and that you two are dating but I wanted to let you know that I am going to win her back. I don't care who you are and how famous you are but I love Val and what we had was special so I am going to fight for her." Jacob said with a determined look but all I did was chuckle at his poor attempt of a threat.

"If you really loved Val you wouldn't have been in bed with your neighbour." I said without batting a lash. Jacob's mouth was wide open in shock as if what I said was a secret.

"How did you know that?" He asked not being able o fully make eye contact with me.

"Val told me and just so you know I plan on showing her what love really is. No man would do what you did so your little threat for winning her back is a joke so if you could leave my drivers rooms right now or I'll have security do it." I said standing up with a hard stare at Jacob. He backed down and headed out of my drivers room.

"I will get Val back. I have her number and I've texted her that I wanted to mend this. Did she not tell you?" Jacob scoffed and left my room. I sighed and made a mental note that the motorhome really needed to get better security, first it was Hanna and now Jacob. It didn't bother me that Jacob came to see me but to say that he wanted Val back when she never told me that Jacob had reached out to her recently made me frown. All I wanted was to see her but I knew that wasn't possible so I simply took out her note and once I read it again it was enough to get me through this next practice session. Soon I was back in the garage and back onto the track topping the time sheet by the end of the session. I was instructed to get some rest for qualifying tomorrow from Christian and I agreed leaving the garage and grabbed my phone and called Val.