CHAPTER 45

Val POV

I felt Daniel inch in closer and his eyes flutter shut as his lips moved dangerously close to mine. I stumbled backwards and placed both my palms square on his chest stopping him. Daniel let out a deep sigh with his eyes still closed tightly as his shoulders slumped and backed away from me. I felt my chest tightened and head spin as I tried not to cry. I wasn't upset because I pushed Daniel away but the fact that I may have just lost my closet friend. I knew that no matter what I would never cheat and commit the worst sin you could commit to your loved one. The silence was deafening but Daniel was the first to speak.

"I knew you would never feel the same way but I just needed to know for sure. Sebastian is very lucky to have such an amazing woman by his side. I promise that this won't change anything and I will still always be here for you." Daniel said with sad eyes and walked out of my office before I could respond. I felt like even though Daniel promised that things wouldn't change between us I knew deep down things would never be the same. I didn't know how to feel or who to talk to but this was something that I would have to mention to Sebastian. I put all my feelings aside and walked towards the kitchen and get to work. I would deal with this later but first I had a job to do.

Seb's POV

After another gruelling training session with Hekki I was spent and covered with sweat. I went over to check my phone and saw a miss call from Val and Daniel. I frowned and instantly called Val back but was met with her voicemail. No doubt it was because she was working at the moment. I dialled Daniel's number and he picked up instantly.

"Hey Seb." Daniel said with a heavy sigh. I felt something was off instantly from the tone Daniel's voice.

"What did you do?" I spat. I walked away from Hekki and outside the gym.

"I spoke to Val and just know that I'll stop pursuing her. She is still one of my closest friends but I need to let you must know how lucky you are to have Val not that I ever needed to tell you that. So you won't have to worry about me anymore but I guess you never did since I never stood a chance when she is so hopelessly in love with you." Daniel said as if that would make me feel any better. I hung up the phone not bothering to respond and balled my hand into a fist. Valerie was already going through so much and Daniel just had to add to her plate. I walked back to Hekki and quickly packed up my gear and dialled Valerie's line. When she didn't pick up I knew that she must have been working. I sighed and looked over at Hekki who was looking at me confused.

"Daniel just confessed his feelings to Valerie and she rejected him but I know how overwhelmed she must be feeling right now." I said while clenching my jaw.

"She must be so confused right now. I mean Daniel is one of her closest friends." Hekki said.

"Well, with how the media had treated her and this I'm sure all she needs right now is a quiet weekend with you." Hekki suggested.

"I may have to ask her if she even wants to come to the next race. I know it's her job but I don't want her to be harassed by the media or fans." I said feeling a knot form in my stomach.

"Talk to her first because I'm sure she wouldn't like you making that decision for her." Hekki said and I agreed. I knew how much her work meant to her but I wanted to protect her.

I was now heading back to my apartment to quickly grab a change of clothes before heading back to Val's apartment. I was planning on cooking dinner for Valerie and to surprise her with a romantic evening. As I pulled into my drive way there was a foreign car parked there. I got out of my car and the stranger's car door open to reveal Hanna. I scoffed and walked straight past her and opened the door to my house.