CHAPTER 46

Seb's POV

I was now seated in my office with Jacob sitting across from me with a smug face. I had wanted to set this up as soon as possible and it seemed like Jacob did too. When I had called him he didn't seemed surprised at all and had agreed right away to meet. I let out a deep breath as I leaned forward and crossed my arms looking straight at him.

"I assume you know why I have asked to see you." I said not beating around the bush. Jacob laughed and leaned back into his seat relaxed as ever. I felt my blood boil as I clinched my jaw trying to control myself.

"If Valerie knew what was good for her she wouldn't have pranced about dating some hot shot driver. I should have known that that she was going to fuck her way to the top since she was in love with Daniel once." Jacob spat at me. I now understood that this wasn't about Valerie but about me. Jacob had a vendetta against me and he was willing to use Valerie to hurt me.

"So you're going to stoop this low?" I asked with disgust. Jacob scoffed and showed me his phone.

"I want to make sure that you won't get happy ending with Valerie. If you break up with her I won't release these images. It's plain and simple." Jacob said looking me dead in the eye. "If you break things off with Valerie right now then I won't leak these images. It's your choice." And with that Jacob stood up and left. I sat there feeling like air was knocked out from my lungs. I knew that Jacob was being serious and now I was put in a serious dilemma. I couldn't believe it but I dialled Daniel's number and waited anxiously for him to pick up.

"Hey Seb what's up mate?" Daniel said.

"Daniel we have a serious problem." I said.

"What's wrong?" Daniel asked.

"Jacob is threatening to leak some explicit photos of him and Valerie from when they were dating unless I break up with Valerie." I said not believing the situation I was in. Daniel was silent as he took in what I had just said.

"Fucking hell." Daniel said with a heavy sigh. It seemed like was just as confused as I was. "What are you going to do?" Daniel asked after a moment of silence.

"I have no idea. I don't want these pictures to leak but I can't just break up with Valerie." I said angrily. Daniel stayed quiet as I paced back and forth until I heard Daniel speak.

"Why don't you pretend to break up and release a statement to the press. So that means you both will have to date in secrecy just to buy some time until you can take legal action against Jacob." Daniel said. I paused and stood up straight as Daniel's idea sunk in. Would we be able to fool Jacob into thinking that Val and I had broken up and then press charges?

"That plan might just work." I said trying to sound confident but deep down I was afraid. I was afraid that the plan would fail and Jacob would release the images anyway. I knew that if Valerie was in the same room that my body would naturally be drawn to her plus my eyes would always say more than I wanted.

"It's going to have to work Seb, for Val's sake." Daniel said seriously.

"Let me speak to Valerie and Britta first but I know that I'll need your help to fully execute this plan." I said low key pleading.

"I would do anything to help Val." Daniel said and with the current situation I couldn't even be upset at Daniel.

"I'll call you later after I've spoken to Val. Thankyou Daniel I really appreciate your help."

"No worries Seb. Talk soon." And with that Daniel hung up leaving me alone with my racing thoughts. I quickly grabbed my phone and dialled Val's number.

"Hey superstar.' Valerie answered but I could tell she was nervous. "How did the meeting go?"

"Let's just say Jacob is a real piece of work. He said he won't release the pictures if we break up and announce it publicly." I said with a heavy sigh. Valerie was silent and I wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do by telling her all of this over the phone.