CHAPTER 16

Val's POV

I had awoken at 5am feeling excited yet nervous as ever. It was my first time leading the hospitality team for an away weekend at the red bull motor home. We were assigned to cook breakfast and lunch and provide the team with healthy snacks and juices throughout the day. We also were on call for tea and coffee for the entire team which was extra work but we were up for the challenge. I had already prepped the team through an email outlining what we were cooking and exactly what prep work had to be done. I also had to cook the drivers their food which meant I would most likely see Seb today. I showered quickly and got ready putting on my red bull gear. Then I grabbed my paddock pass and backpack to head off towards the track. As I entered the lobby most of the team were already present with the shuttle bus waiting for us outside. I made my way onto the bus and saw that Tyler and Tara were already seated but they both looked sleepy.

"Good morning ladies." I said in a hush tone since it was still very early in the morning.

"Good morning Valerie!" They said in unison which made us all giggle.

"Ready for the busy weekend?" I said taking out my folder of todays menu making sure I had the correct recipes.

"Testing weekend is a lot less stressful compared to a race weekend so I'm actually looking forward to today." Tyler said look at the papers in my hand. I was a little too focused on reading that I didn't respond.

"Valerie! You have nothing to worry about. The team love your food and we love cooking your menu so just try and enjoy this weekend." Tara said and rubbed my arm trying to ease my nerves.

"Yes! Let's enjoy this weekend. If we can smash out a sponsors ball this is nothing." I said putting my paper work away.

The rest of the team were finally all on board the bus and soon we were headed off to the track. We all arrived and scanned our passes and made our way into the kitchen. There was hardly anyone around besides a few mechanics and field marshals who were busy making their way to and from the pit lane. I assumed Seb would still be asleep since he didn't have to be at the track until later today for his media duties and the FIA drivers briefing. I just hoped that I could at least see him sometime during today but I had to remember that we were now very much in the public eye and at any moment a reporter or photographer could catch us and blow our cover.

I brushed aside that thought and entered the kitchen and from there it was go go go. From prepping to cooking and then plating up all the food I could finally hear more voices outside in the dining area outside which meant the rest of the team had arrived at the motorhome. I looked up to see that it was 9am and surely the team would be wanting to have their breakfast or at least their morning coffee. I washed my hands and grabbed my phone to see that I had 3 texts. One was from Seb wishing me a good morning and that he was going to come see me later today. The second was from Daniel teasing me whether or not I got any sleep last night but the third text was from an unknown number. I opened the texted and I almost dropped my phone. It was from Jacob.

"Hi Val Its been a while. I know you probably won't respond but I really want to talk to you. Give me call please. Jacob x."

It was as if the past few years of repressed emotions were about to spill out of me in that very moment making me want to hurl. What game was Jacob playing at? I leave the country and he doesn't say a word yet suddenly he wants to suddenly talk.? Fat chance of that happening. If he thought he could just just speak to me after what he had done he was deadly mistaken. I shoved my phone back into my backpack and tried to carry on as if I had never seen that text. I began cooking Seb and Mark's lunch and making their juices when suddenly a familiar face waltzed into the kitchen.