CHAPTER 8

Vals POV

I walked into the factory on Monday morning with a hop in my step. I smiled at the thought of my weekend with Seb and how we shared our first kiss. I was excited to see Seb and speak to him again. Seb had not responded to my texts yesterday so I assumed he was busy with PR responsibilities. As I walked into my office Tara and Tyler ushered inside in a panic.

"Val!! Have you seen the media? They caught you and Sebastian in front of the bar last Saturday!" Tara whisper shouted.

"WHAT!" I yelled and grabbed her phone from her. She was right there was pictures all over the feed of Seb hugging me too intimately to be deemed as friendly. My face was covered but anyone from the team that night would have known it was me.

"Don't worry no one from the team has said it was you. Only we would know that it was you." Tyler said as if reading my mind.

I didn't even want to look at the comments but I had seen the preview to some.

"OMG he has a new gf???!!"
"Who is she?"

"She won't be as good as his ex."

"He looks so happy."

"Im so excited foe him"

"Hope she's not a fame hungry model"

There was just so many comments I gave the phone back to Tara and sat down. My god what is happening?! This would explain his absence yesterday. Was he regretting our night together? Would I lose my job? So many thought ran through my mind and I needed some air.

"Thankyou guys for having my back really. I don't know what happening between Sebastian and I but it wasn't meant to be leaked so soon. We only just decided that night that we liked each other." I said in an exasperated sigh.

"Well, we promise not to tell anyone. Cheer up love we totally support this 100%." Tyler said giving me a reassuring hug. They both left my office and I sat in silence wondering if I should call Seb or not.

Seb's POV

I had awoken from last night and smiled at how sweet that kiss was with Val. I had a great feeling where this was heading and I couldn't wait to see her again and embrace her. I looked over to see my phone blowing up and 8 missed calls from Britta. I sat up frantically and called her back and she answered right away.

"Well since you're only calling me back now you must not have seen the news! Someone caught you and a woman together last night in front of a bar hugging a bit too intimately to defend that it was friendly. I know it's Valerie because she's the only one you have shown interest in. Everyone from the team that night also knows it her but I'm sure they will keep quiet since no one has identified her to the press yet. Sebastian I told you to be careful not just for your sake but hers too. She's so new to the team and we haven't even began the season abroad yet." I took in everything Britta just said while looking down at all the pictures of Val and I all over the media. We were outside the bar waiting for the taxi and luckily she was wrapped in my jacket so her face was hidden plus it was nighttime. There was even a picture of when we kissed. What is happening? This was the side of F1 that I hated. No privacy or respect whatsoever. Our first intimate moments caught on camera for the world to see and comment on. I wasn't sure what to do. Was Val ok? Should I call her or does she hate me now? Britta was still on the line talking about damage control and I was just numb. I was so stupid to think no one would recognise me and worse I put Val's career on the line. Britta said she'd be right over to my place in 30 minutes to go through some responses to the press and then hung up. I got up and headed to the bathroom to shower. I stripped off and let the hot water fall onto me and I had my head down deep in thought. How was I going to approach this?