Bondita's First Day In Office

It was 8'O clock in the morning. Anirudh was in the bathroom while Bondita was sitting on the bed holding her head. She had a headache from last night. After doing morning's arti and having their breakfast they left for office. Kaka and Binoy blessed Bondita for her new journey while Som and Batuk wished her all the best. When Anirudh and Bondita entered in the office, all the colleagues had a weird as well as shocked expression in their faces. "Aab ghar aur samaj ke sath sath kacheri mein bhi kranti lane ke baremein soch rahe hai kya Anirudh Sir?" Someone whispered in other's ear. "Pata nahi! Par jo bhi ho...pehli baar ek aurat ke sath kaam karne jaa rahe hai hum. Ajeev hi lag raha hai" one of them sighed. Bondita was too feeling awkward at their shocked gaze. Anirudh understood all the matters and held her hand gently.

Anirudh: mujhe pata hai aap sab thora shocked ho kisi female Barrister ko humare office mein dekhke. Par jese koi aurat baki mardo ke tarah barristery degree la sakti hai vesehi vo male Barristers ke sath kaam bhi kar sakti hai. After all professions male yah female nahi balki kaam dekhta hai. We all are Barristers here regardless of any gender. Hope all of you understand this clearly.

"Yes Sir" all the Barristers replied. " Welcome Barrister Bondita Roy Chawdhury" they welcomed Bondita warmly. "Thank you so much" Bondita smiled and Anirudh looked at her proudly.

The clock was showing 12'O clock at noon. Half an hour left for the lunch break."Mam yeh files check karke aap Sir ko dikha dijiyega" Sudheer put the files on the table. "Haan Sudheer..." Bondita replied while checking the files. Sudheer was leaving when Bondita called, "Sudheer..." "Yes Mam.." Sudheer turned.

Bondita: Sudheer...hum sab inha pe eksath kaam karte hai, to yeh Mam Mam kyu kar rahe ho? Humara sirf ekhi Sir hai, Barrister Anirudh Roy Chawdhury.....aur koi nahi. To mujhe Mam nahi balki mere naam se balayiye, Bondita...

Sudheer: par Mam aap to unki patni hai nah...(politely)

Bondita: to kya hua? Inha main bhi aap sabke tarah unke under kaam karti hu. Aur yeh office mein vo bhi mere Sir hi hai, naki patibabu...(replied with a smile)

Sudheer: ok Mam...I mean Bondita...

Both smiled.

Anirudh was watching all these from a distance. His heart filled with proudness seeing Bondita's dedication for work and how she didn't want to take any advantages by his name. "I am proud of Bondita...tum meri hi Bondita ho.."

After sometime....

"May I come in Sir?" Bondita knocked at the door of Anirudh's cabin. "Yes come in..." Anirudh replied keeping his eyes busy on the files. " Ek baar mere taraf muh uthake dekhebhi nahi....huu...akhdu kahike..." Bondita took his steps slowly complaining in her mind.

Bondita: Yeh...vo pass ke zamindaro ki case ka files maine check karli hai...aap aur ek baar check karke sab confirm kardijiye

Anirudh: rakhdo table pe...(still not looking up)

Now Bondita really became irritated. She placed the books on the table aloud and left the cabin straight. Anirudh chuckled in mind. "Tab to badi keh rahi thi vo inha mere sir hai, patibabu nahi...to aab kya hua?" Laughed secretly, "Tumhe chidane mein jo maza hai nah vo kisimein nahi...."

......

It's just 5'O clock in the afternoon. Bondita was waiting for the driver to come as Anirudh had to go to another village urgently for a case."Aap Mrs. Bondita Roy Chawdhury ho kya?" A postman asked. "Ji" Bondita nodded. "Vo aap ke liye ek parcel tha" he gave her the parcel. The man went after taking the signature of Bondita. "Yeh...kisne veji hai..." Bondita enquired it carefully but no name was written on it. When she opened the parcel she became surprised finding a magnetic tape recorder. A letter was attached there too. She opened the letter. Her eyes grew bigger seeing the letter 'M' written on it only and nothing else. Bondita's heart started pounding fast and her face turned wan. "Bindu....Bindu ruk jaa yaar....meri baat to sunle...." "Main nahi rukne wali tere baato se..." "Tujhe to main....ruk abhi batata hu...." Some blurred memories started flushing in her mind and her hand started trembling. She felt as if she couldn't able to see anything, all were dark in front of her eyes except those uncleared voices and scenes. Both the letter and the tape recorder fell on the ground and recorder started playing...

Bade Acchee lagte hai
Kya?
Yeh Dharti, yeh nadiyaa, yeh rainaa aur?
Aur tum
Bade Acchee lagte hai
Yeh Dharti, yeh nadiyaa, yeh rainaa aur?
Aur tum mm mmmm

She held her head immediately and closed her eyes. The weather suddenly became very hot. By noon the headache had subsided a little, but now it began to ache again. The heat of the descending sun seemed to be very high. The song seemed like a cracking sound to her ears. She couldn't bear it anymore and started smashing the recorder with her feet. Returning to home, Bondita rushed to her room straight and lay down on the bed keeping a pillow on head. Kakasasurji became shocked seeing her Bahu like this. He followed her to the room but the door was already locked from inside. He knocked but Bondita didn't answer. He became worried for her and immediately called Anirudh. "Beta tum kaha ho? Zaldi ghar aa jao..."

Anirudh (from other side of phone): kya hua Kaka? Sab thik to hai? (tensed)

Kaka: pata nahi beta...par ghar atehi Bahu dour ke kamre mein chali gayi aur darwaza bhi andar se band kardi... bohot pareshan dikh rahi thi... mujhe bohot daar lag raha hai...tum jaldi aa jao (worriedly)

Anirudh: main zaldi ata hu Kaka....

In the room...

"Vo...vo... parcel kisne veji thi?.... aahhhhh...yeh sar..." Bondita yelled in pain. "Yeh...yeh awaz kahase aa rahi hai?" A low music was heard from outside. She felt something strange and got down of the bed to open the door. "Yeh...yeh...sayad niche se..." Bondita came downstairs slowly with wobbled legs holding her head. The song was gradually becoming clear to hear. It was coming from the guest room.It took no time for Bondita to understood that this song was the same which was playing on that tape recorder.

Hum tum kitne paas hain
Kitne door hain chaand sitare
Sach poochho to man ko
Jhoote lagte hain yeh saare
Hum tum kitne paas hain
Kitne door hain chaand sitare
Sach poochho to man ko
Jhoote lagte hain yeh saare
Magar sachche lagte hain
Yeh dharti, yeh nadiya, yeh raina
Aur, aur tum

Now her legs started wobbling and her face became ashen. "Yeh..yeh to vohi gaana hai..." She uttered in a broken voice. She rushed to the room and threw the gramophone on the floor. "Band karo...band karo esab..." Bondita cried holding her both ears. "Ky...ky...kya hua Bondita?" A male voice came. Bondita opened her eyes slowly and saw Satvik was standing bewildered. He looked as if he had jumped out of the bed seeing her sudden action. "Sa...Sa... Satvik Dada aap!" Bondita was too shocked, "aap kab aye?" "Main to bass sam kohi aya tha...par Bondita tum...tum thik to ho?" Satvik asked with concern as well confusion. "Haan...main..." Bondita closed her eyes pressing her forehead. "Mu... mujhe nahi pata tha ki tumhe gramophone ke awaz se problem hoti hai...varna main..." He was really panicked for her. "Nahi.......nahi.......vo..... I am....I am sorry......main......" she left the room leaving him in a more confused state.

______________________________________________________________________

HERE IS THE NEW PART...

I KNOW I AM UPDATING LATELY. BUT I CAN'T ABLE TO WRITE REGULARLY BCZ OF  MY CLASSES AND ONGOING TESTS. HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND...

DROP A ⭐ AND COMMENT DOWN YOUR VIEWS...

LOTS OF LOVE 🧡
~WRITER ANKS
iam_anks03