Happiness In Air

Anirudh's POV
I thought it's the worst day today. Even after taking a holiday, I couldn't able to spend time with Bondita. She was busy all through the day and after a lot of try when I finally get some time, Batuk had to poke his nose between us. Haah! We were having dinner now. But Bondita wasn't next to me. She was busy in talking and having her morsel from Sumati Maa's hand. I was happy but I.....well....we had the night to send together.

"Jamaibabu, ek baat puchu agar aap bura nah mane toh?" Sumati Maa asked with her usual timid voice and I gave a decent smile, "jarur..." "Vo.... bohot dino...din kya, saalo ki baad apni beti se mili hu to aaj agar vo mere sath soyi to..."

I was just swallowing the food when it seemed to stick in my throat. "Bass yehi sunna baki reh gaya tha...." I started coughing hard and Bondita came running out of panick. "Patibabu...aap thik hai nah?" She patted my back and handed me the glass of water. I drank the whole water at a stretch but my cough wasn't ready to stop. "Jamaibabu aap thik to hai nah?" Sumati Maa's concerned voice came. Meanwhile the whole family had made their place around my chair with their tensed eyes. Oh god! I wasn't dying but if I had to stay away from my wife, I would die definitely soon. "Jarur Boudi ki unki maa ki sath soneki baat sunke Dada ko khasi aa gayi!" Batuk whispered and giggled to himself. No one heard but it didn't escape my ear. I gave an angry glance and he hide his mouth with palm in order to control his giggle.

Enquiring that I was alright, they sat on their respective seats and concentrated on their dinner. "Jamaibabu apne bataye nahi...." Sumati Maa's voice came again with a pleading sound. I just had thought that she might have forgotten her plan to sleep with Bondita, but she didn't take much time to prove me wrong. Should I cry or scream? I turned towards Bondita with the hope that she would make her understand, but haah! My last hope too went to the hell. Bondita was giggling showing her thirty two teeth and her face was glowing like the newly risen moon. She was too happy with the fact that she could sleep with her mother!

At last they both were right in their places. This daughter and mother had met eachother after a quite long years and wanted to spend some time together. I remembered that moment when I got married to her and she had to left her mother alone in Devipur. "Tujhe lene jaldi aungi Maa...." Though I was not in senses at that time but her words were very much alive today. Suddenly I started feeling very guilty. I separated a daughter and mother and at such early stages of their life. I was too bad nah? A very bad husband! How could I be so possessive?

"Ishmein puchne ki kya baat hai Maa? Bondita apke sath hi soyegi. Aur sirf aaj kyu? Aap jitne din chahte hai utne din..." I smiled.

"Dhonyobad Jamaibabu!"

"Thank you Patibabu!"

Their happiness knew no bound and it's the best treat at the end of the day.

Bondita's POV
"Tu apni dost ki sadi ki joda pehnke ushe vagayi?" Maa's eyes were bulging with excitement and I was laughing hard while narrating that experience how I became the reason of reunion of my friend with her love. Suddenly I felt her her hand on my ears. "Aahhh..." It's really hurting. "Badmas ladki!" Maa rolled her eyes and we broke out in laughing again. "Chal bohot baatein karli....aab soh jate hai..." Maa instructed and we laid on the bed. She fell asleep fast, might be because of the journey, but sleep wasn't peeping in my eyes. I was turning from one side of the bed to another again and again, but nothing worked. "Pata nahi Patibabu kya kar rahe honge?" Since I went to our cottage in London, it became my habit to sleep with him, keeping my hands on his warm arms and his cold hands on my waist. It's not a bad, but the sweetest habit of mine and I was sure he had the same habit. I was sure he was struggling in sleeping as like mine. Should I check him for once? No no...if Maa wake up, what would she think?