Chapter 23: Sacrifices

"What are you doing" Tori spoke as Bellamy tossed his bag next to her, they were currently headed back to the Academy. "Didn't you hear- I'm the new history Professor" Bellamy smiled. "Oh my god your sleeping with the teacher- that's kinda hot" Lucy chuckled, Tori blushed.

"Maybe I can give you after class lessons" Bellamy winked, "Eww" Danielle Spoke.

"The little girls power is growing master" A servant spoke to Adonis. Clenching his staff he sighed heavily, "and my useless brother" Adonis inquired. "Looming around watching" The servant spoke. "Gather the army- I can tell this is going to take everything I have" Adonis spoke.

"Adonis has began to gather his army" Milo spoke, Phoenix looked over to his trusted crow. "I suppose I don't have much of a choice" Phoenix spoke. "I'll have to kidnap her" he spoke.

"Selina" Danielle smiled greeting her sister. "How was your trip" Selina spoke. "It was good" Danielle replied. "What's wrong" Danielle spoke noticing her sisters odd look. "I can feel something coming Danny- maybe's the imprint of death on me but I feel unsettled- please you must be careful" Selina warned, Danielle nodded.

Looking up to her ceiling she couldn't sleep, Selina's words haunted her. The last time Adonis came she almost died, she was just learning who she was, was it enough. Shoving her blanket away she left the room, strolling through the Academy she couldn't help but feel safe in its walls. "When did life become so complicated" she chuckled.

"When you decided to wake old curses" His voice came, turning she found Phoenix. "What's the matter- not scared" He smirked. "Should I be- you saved me the last time" Danielle spoke. "I just didn't want Adonis to have you" Phoenix replied.

"Is that so- I know about you and Selina" Danielle spoke, "An ancient story has no relations to the future" He scoffed. "Why are you here" Danielle spoke, "Finally- the reason I came" Phoenix spoke extending his hand he touched her forehead.

"Good night" he whispered before Danielle was engulfed into darkness.

Groaning Danielle woke up to find herself in a meadow. "Where is this" Danielle spoke to herself, "It's called Mado- a realm that my mother created for me" Phoenix spoke. "Why did you bring me here" Danielle yelled.

"Adonis is bringing his army soon- your not ready Danielle- marry me- let us merge our power together and destroy him" Phoenix spoke. "Are you crazy- why do we have to be married in order to merge our powers" Danielle questioned.

"My father cursed me- in order for me to get the full potential of my powers he knew that I would never marry anyone but Selina- so he cursed me and only marrying will release my power- it was a punishment for falling in love with her" Phoenix spoke.

"I'm sorry that your father was a monster" Danielle spoke, "But I can't marry you" she added. "Take me home" she spoke turning around to face the lake. "Don't you want to save your family- bring back the ones that were lost and save the ones you have now" Phoenix spoke.

"What will you do when Adonis brings his army- will you live with yourself if the people you love die for you" Phoenix spoke. "It just has to be me and you Danielle" Phoenix added.

Danielle sighed, Phoenix was right. She wasn't ready for Adonis, she didn't want her family to suffer because of her. "What happens after we kill Adonis" Danielle dared to ask. "In order to free your people you have to sacrifice your life" Phoenix spoke, Danielle's blood ran cold. "What" She questioned, "My fathers last curse was that only a pure sacrifice would bring back those people" Phoenix spoke.

"Why haven't I heard this" Danielle spoke in denial, "Only I know it" Phoenix replied. "I- take me back home" Danielle replied, "You will need to make a decision sooner or later" Phoenix spoke, Danielle could feel her eyes begin to close as those words echoed in her head, she awoke to her bed.

"Danielle thank god- I was so worried" Tori hugged her. "What's going on" Danielle spoke, "I found you passed out in the hallway- you weren't responding but Selina reassured us you were in a trance" Tori spoke, "Where did you go" Hayden spoke, his eyes pierced through her own- he would know if she was lying.

"Phoenix took me" Danielle replied, "Did he touch you" Hayden growled. "No- ew- we just talked" Danielle spoke. "About" Hayden pressed, "Nothing- can I talk to Selina- alone" Danielle questioned. Everyone glanced around the room before leaving, "You to" Danielle spoke looking over to Hayden who remained planted next to her. "Danielle everything about your life is my life to" Hayden spoke.

"Fine" Danielle rolled her eyes, "I have to die in order to break the curse" Danielle spoke getting right to the point. "What" Hayden yelled, Danielle looked to her sister. "I used all my magic to change the curse- I still don't know if it worked but I won't let you die Danielle" Selina spoke holding Danielle's hand.

"Good- than theirs still a chance I might get out this alive" Danielle spoke, "With Phoenix and Adonis lurking around the Academy you shouldn't be wondering around alone" Hayden spoke. "I couldn't sleep" Danielle defended herself. "From now on- your not leaving my sight- Tori already agreed your moving in with me- Bellamy is moving in with her anyways" Hayden spoke.

"What" Danielle gaped, how did everything in her life change so drastically.