Chapter 8: Into the Woods

Danielle looked out onto the forest, biting her lips she looked back into the room where Hayden was still showering. "I mean he doesn't own you" Danielle spoke out loud, there was something drawing her to the forest and she couldn't just ignore it- she was at a dead end with the flame and now here she was hearing voices from a magical forest nobody was allowed to go into. Taking out her phone she dialled Tori's number, "I'll meet you at 12am" Tori spoke cutting the call. Sorry Hayden rules are rules but there was something she had to see for herself.

Waiting for Hayden to fall asleep she set pillows up in the form of her sleeping body. The castle was eerily quiet as she snuck out the doors- "Tori and Lucy" Danielle spoke looking back at Tori. "She wanted to come" Tori spoke, "Don't worry I didn't tell Noah" Lucy spoke, Danielle nodded. "I never get to go on adventures" Lucy squealed as Tori put on her flash lights.

"So we're you banned from this forest to" Danielle spoke, "Pretty much- they told us stories of wolves disappearing and it being rogue territory" Lucy spoke. "Rogue territory" Danielle enquired, "Werewolves who live outside pack laws" Lucy explain. "Sounds like my kind of people" Danielle smirked, "Anyways we never came even close to this forest" Lucy spoke. "It seems like just a normal forest" Danielle spoke, "I guess so" Lucy spoke huddled close.

"Danielle" the voice whispered, turning around Danielle looked for where the voice was coming from. "Did you guys hear that" she spoke, "Hear what" Tori asked, "A voice- it knows my name" Danielle spoke. Walking deeper into the woods it grew darker, "Well what have we hear" A voice spoke , two men stepped out from behind some trees. "I smell a pack wolf- a beta" One spoke, Lucy physically stiffened drawing closer to us. "And vampires" The other spoke, "A little lost are we" they spoke, "Nope we have a destination in mind" Danielle spoke, "Oh cocky" one smiled. "My names Jeremy and this is my brother Simon" Jeremy spoke.

"You guys are rogues" Danielle spoke, "We like the word renegades better" Simon smiled, they were both pretty good looking for having ruffing it in the wild. "Well we don't mean any harm- so could you let us pass" Tori spoke, "Of course- if you could take us down" Jeremy spoke morphing into his wolf his brother followed. They stood in attack position, "Alright" Danny shrugged, leaping toward her Jeremy bared his fangs. Lucy transformed into her wolf growling at Simon, Jeremy jumped ready to bite her, kicking him away he hit the tree. "What did you think we were weak" Danielle snickered, Simon jumped to words Lucy, suddenly a gust of wind sent him flying towards a tree. "You have powers" Lucy spoke looking to Tori, "Of course- I can control weather" Tori smiled, "I think we need a bit of lightning" Danielle winked, "I agree" Tori spoke closing her eyes the wind began to pick up and sky filled with lightning and thunder, striking down to the ground a lightning bolt hits Simon. Whimpering he transformed back, "Stop please" Jeremy yelled running to his brother, "You guys asked for it" Danielle spoke.

"I'm sorry just leave us alone" Jeremy spoke, "Good- we'll just be on our way" Tori chimed, "Do all vampires have powers" Lucy questioned, "Some of us do, we're supposed to get our powers when we're ready- Danny has yet to receive hers" Tori spoke. "I don't think I have powers" Danielle shrugged- she was only half vampire. "I think you do" Tori spoke, coming to a large clearing there was figure in the distance, "Whats that" Lucy spoke, "It looks like a castle- maybe it was the old wolf kingdom" Danielle spoke, "No Hayden's castle is the only one" Lucy spoke, "Maybe it's just an abandoned kingdom" Tori spoke.

"Should we" Lucy spoke, "Lets go" Danielle spoke as they began walking across the open field the closer they got the more they realized it wasn't just a castle it was a whole city. "How creepy" Tori spoke as the walked through the ghost town, "Why are their so many statues" Lucy spoke, "Maybe their famous people who found this place" Danielle spoke admiring one of a man dressed like a baker, "Well this ones a kid so I don't think so" Lucy spoke.

"What happened here" Danielle mumbled, "It's like the people just up and left" Danielle spoke tracing her fingers on a wall the dust was thick. "Let's see what's inside the castle" Tori spoke pointing over a large bridge, "Does anyone else feel like the statues are watching us" Lucy spoke, "Well there's so many of them" Tori spoke.

"It's locked" Tori spoke shaking the doors, "There's like a weird lock in the shape of a sun" Lucy spoke. Danielle bent down looking at the lock it was almost like instinct but she pulled the first piece of it up, moving it three locks to the right and four locks back she pushed it forward and the door opened. "Okay how did you do that" Tori spoke, "I don't know it just came to me" Danielle spoke looking back at the lock.

Walking through the huge corridors the paintings scattered on the wall depicted a kingdom that flourished. Stopping in front of a large painting Danielle stared at the all to familiar painting of the man that was in the painting in Hayden's castle, R.W.

"Do you know him" Tori spoke, "It feels like I do" Danielle spoke. "Danny you have to see this" Lucy yelled dragging her to another room, a large painting of a Queen was on the wall, "She- looks just like you" Tori gasped looking from the painting to Danielle. "How- what" Danielle mumbled, "Guys the sun is rising" Tori spoke looking out the window, "Oh god Hayden" Danielle spoke. "We'll come back" Lucy spoke, "Grab some stuff" Danielle spoke looking around the room, she grabbed anything she could find. Running through the forest Danielle stopped Tori "Take these back to The Academy" Danielle spoke giving her the bag.

"I'll see you soon" Danielle nodded as Tori headed to a private jet landed in a clearing.