Chapter 17: Limbo

"Faster" Hydra spoke, Danielle could feel the sweat dripping from her skin as she dodged yet another fire ball, she was shooting fire from her hands- it seemed like such a simple thing to do but it took a lot of strength to conjure fire ball after fire ball. "I don't understand- are you training to bring my people back or kill Phoenix" Danielle spoke. "Both- your powers need to grow- in order to do that you have to keep using them" Hydra spoke.

"What was it like- Valeria" Danielle spoke, "Beautiful- your parents were peaceful rulers- when they had Selina it was hard on your mother they didn't think they could conceive again but than you came along- they were so happy" Hydra spoke, "How did I end up in the forest" Danielle spoke, "Selina left you there" Hydra spoke.

"Is she dead- I saw her in the lake but was that real" Danielle spoke. "It's complicated- she's in a state like limbo- half dead half living- Pyro was going to marry her in place of your mother" Hydra spoke. "So there's still a chance to save her" Danielle spoke, "The bridge between living and death is dangerous Danny- you could get stuck there yourself" Hydra spoke. "But she's my sister- she saved me- I have to do the same" Danielle spoke- "Where is it" Danielle added.

"I'll have to push your soul from your body- you'll be able to walk around in the spirit world- you'll have to find her soul and walk her back to her body" Hydra spoke, "Where is that" Danielle spoke thinking- "The lake" She gasped, "Her body is in the lake" she spoke. "That's right- you won't have a lot of time- there's a piper in the spirit world- once it finds you it'll try to trance you in its song and keep you there- more importantly your body will still be free and other souls can take it- evil ones" Hydra spoke.

"Okay so I'll need Tori to guard my body and I have to be quick- got it" Danielle spoke. "Are you sure" Hydra spoke, "I have to try" Danielle spoke with a nod, "Get some rest than- tomorrow we go to limbo" Hydra spoke.

"I have to guard your body from evil spirits" Tori spoke, "That sounds fun" She smiled. "Good- and we can't tell Hayden- he'll go all possessive Alpha" Danielle spoke. The sudden knock on the door broke their conversation, "Hayden" Tori spoke, "Hey" he spoke coming into the room. "What's up" Danielle spoke, "Well- um" Hayden spoke, Danielle's eyes perked wondering what he was doing.

"God your helpless- he misses you and wants you to go spend the night" Tori spoke, Danielle blushed. "Oh" Danielle spoke, "Take her" Tori spoke dramatically. "You could just move in- my wolf can't exactly rest peacefully unless your around" Hayden spoke, "Really he likes me that much- I'm not even a doggy" Danielle spoke putting her hand on his chest she wanted to feel his wolf. Holding her hand Hayden smiled, "Which is why I'm even more possessive" Hayden spoke kissing her, moving her backwards he too her clothes off.

"Are you sure about this" Lucy spoke, "Shes my sister I can't- I can't abandon her" Danielle spoke spreading the blanket she laid flat. "So what do I do" Tori spoke, "Keep her warm- and use this to ward off spirits" Hydra spoke extending a card it had words written on it in a language she couldn't understand. "It's a powerful spell to keep dark magic away from you- Caerimonia, Minerva. Saepio, Saepire, Saepsi.
Saepio Impedimentum" Hydra spoke, the card began to float, "Just keep chanting the words" Hydra spoke, Tori and Lucy nodded.

"Ready" Hydra spoke, Danielle nodded. "Close your eyes" Hydra spoke, "Now search your mind- Limbo is a state of mind- a world in between the living and dead" Hydra spoke, Danielle imagined herself walking to darkness, she pictured a world so hollow and dead she felt her entire body erupt with goosebumps. "It's cold" Danielle whispered, "Good- keep walking" Hydra spoke, Danielle could see a light at the end of the darkness following it she felt herself drifting further from her body, looking back into the darkness she took a deep breath and walked into the light.

Opening her eyes Danielle stood on top of rocks- the sea crushed against the rocks. "Limbo is an island" Danielle spoke, "A desolate island" Hydra spoke, turning around she began walking along the sandy shores. "Where do I go" Danielle spoke, "Selina must be closer to the core" Hydra spoke, Danielle looked beyond to a huge light in the middle- "I'm gonna take a guess and say that's the core" Danielle spoke walking towards it. "So all I have to do is bring Selina back to her body" Danielle spoke. "Don't let them notice your still living" Hydra spoke, Danielle nodded, souls of wondering people passed her all in some kind of trance, "They look so sad" Danielle thought, "There stuck- unable to Rest In Peace- burdened by something in their living life" Hydra replied.

"Why is Selina stuck here" Danielle thought, "Guilt of not wanting to leave you behind" Hydra spoke, "I have to find her" Danielle spoke more determined.

"What's taking so long- the sun is setting" Lucy spoke. "Hayden's gonna come looking for" Tori spoke, "Go back to the Academy and stall" Tori added, Lucy nodded transforming into her wolf she ran.

"Lucy" Hayden spoke, looking around the dorm. "What are you doing here by yourself" Hayden questioned. "Oh I'm waiting for Danny and Tori they went to visit there parents" Lucy awkwardly laughed, she hated lying to her Alpha, Hayden's eyes narrowed on her- "Let her know to call me when she gets back" Hayden spoke walking away. "That was close" Lucy mumbled.

"Danny" A voice whispered, looking around she followed it until she came to a large well. "Danny" Her voice was faint, looking down Selina was in the well. "You shouldn't be here- go back" She urged, "I came to get you" Danielle spoke. "Let's get out of here" Danielle spoke, "Look it's a living girl" A voice spoke, Turning around suddenly Danielle was surrounded by the souls. "Find her body" They all began to chime. "We don't have time- the oilers are coming" Hydra spoke. "I'm not leaving here until I get my sister" Danny spoke.

"A shadow" Tori spoke looking around, luckily the barrier was holding strong. "Hurry Danny" Tori spoke squeezing her hand she noticed how cold she was turning.