Chapter 9: The Mark of An Alpha

"Do you know how irresponsible that was- I told you not to go into the woods it's dangerous" Hayden yelled, he was pacing back and fourth in their room. "I wanted the adventure- besides nothing happened" Danielle spoke, she couldn't tell Hayden about what she found, why was there a whole kingdom abandoned in their backyard and why did his father forbid everyone from finding it.

"I'm not weak" Danielle spoke, "I know that- but your not invincible either- I can't lose you Danielle" Hayden spoke, "What happens if you lose me" Danielle questioned, "My wolf would be depressed- I wouldn't be able to survive" Hayden spoke. Danielle blushed a bright red was she that important to Hayden that it was a matter of life or death.

"I can't do this" Danielle spoke- the idea of Hayden's entire life counting on her seemed like the weight of the world was on her shoulder. "Do what" Hayden spoke, "I can't do this- I can't be your mate" Danielle spoke before Hayden could reply she ran out of the room. "Are you alright" A voice spoke, "Lucy- did you get in trouble" Danielle spoke, she was hiding from Hayden in the garden.

"A little but he never stays to mad" Lucy chuckled, "How did you- um when did you" Danielle tried to ask Lucy about her relationship with Noah but she couldn't find the right words. "I heard what happened, Hayden broke almost everything in his room- his mom finally calmed him down" Lucy spoke, "It's different for you Danielle- your not a wolf you have no idea what this is supposed to be like- the bond" Lucy added.

"I have never been in a relationship" Danielle confessed, "How am I supposed to spend a life time with someone I just met" Danielle spoke. "I don't know Danny- but Hayden's a great guy maybe you should just talk to him" Lucy spoke. Danielle cringed at the fact that she had caused such a scene. Walking through the castle her eyes landed on the King, he exited an office. Danielle's eyes perked and she hid behind a pillar. When the cost was clear she knelt down picking the lock, walking into the office it was set up in a political manner. "What are you even doing Danielle" Danielle mumbled, but something's just didn't add up. Her eyes landed on the book shelf scanning the books she found one with the title Valeria, she quickly grabbed it and exited the office.

"Danielle" Hayden's mother spoke, "Your majesty I'm so sorry about what happened" Danielle spoke. "It's absolutely all right my dear- Hayden has a bad temper" She spoke. "I shouldn't have said that to him" Danielle spoke. "It's alright Danny- your not a wolf you can't begin to understand how he feels" She spoke.

The sun was setting, Danielle was told Hayden had gone out. Pacing the room she was startled when the door burst open, Hayden was hung overs Noah's shoulder. "What happened" Danny spoke, "I got a call and found him at a bar drinking away" Noah spoke. "Thank you" Danielle spoke, Noah nodded before leaving, "Take care of my friend" was the last thing Noah said. Danielle looked back to Hayden, he was clearly drinking, "Are you alright" Danielle spoke. "Do you even care" he spoke, "I wanted to talk to you but we could do that tomorrow" Danielle spoke, she was tired.

Hayden grabbed Danielle pinning her to the bed, "Hayden what are you doing" Danielle spoke struggling to get out of his grip. "I'm not going to let you reject me- I'll chain you to this bed if I have to" Hayden spoke, "Hayden let me go we'll talk tomorrow" Danielle spoke, "Your so beautiful- when I first saw you I thought damn I'm the luckiest guy in the world- even though your not wolf I didn't care" Hayden spoke, "I'm going to mark you" Hayden spoke, "What- No- don't do anything stupid" Danielle spoke squirming for anyway out.

"It's only going to hurt a little" he whispered kissing her neck, "No-Hay—" Danielle got out before Hayden dug his canines into her neck. Danielle was shocked- the last thing she heard before passing out was Hayden whisper "I love you".

"I'm sorry" Hayden began to speak, Slap. Danielle had slapped him, his face twisted to the side. His eyes grew dark at the sudden impact. "How could you treat me like that" She spat, "Your my mate- I could have marked you the moment I saw you" Hayden spoke. "I wanted to talk to you today about our situation- ask that you please understand I'm not a wolf but I was willing to take a chance on this if you gave me space- I can see now that wasn't an option" Danielle spoke.

"I've given you plenty of space- I can't go as slow as your going- your like a drug Danielle I want you all the time" Hayden spoke, "And I don't share those feelings for you" Danielle countered, "Maybe were just to different" Danielle added. "No the only thing holding you back is your fear" Hayden growled.

"Your scared that you could love me- your scared that I'll make you Queen and it would mean I would shine an unwanted light on you" Hayden spoke. "I am scared- and your not making it any better" Danielle yelled. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to do that" Hayden spoke. Danielle scoffed- "I'm going home" She spoke walking past him she needed to get out of here now. "I'll give you some time but I'll come and get you in a few days" Hayden spoke after her watching her grab her packed suitcase she left without another word.

When the plane landed her mother was waiting for, "Mom" she cried hugging her. "It's alright Danny I know this isn't going to be easy- you take all the time" She cooed trying to comfort her daughter. "Where's dad" Danielle spoke, "He's in a meeting but he'll be joining us for dinner" she spoke.

"I'm sorry I know you guys want this to work" Danielle spoke. "Danielle Danvers you listen to me- the only thing we want for you is to be happy" she scolded using her formal title, even though she was legally Danielle Woods her parents still wanted her to carry their title.

Danielle smiled.