Chapter 2

Friday 18th June 2021

"Maya want to get a coffee" Carina asked as they were on hour 12 of a 48 hour shift "So bad" Maya said standing up and putting her jacket on. "How are things with Arizona" Maya asked as they walked towards the coffee cart "Uh no we don't have to talk about that" Carina said "You chatted my ear off all night the other night now we can't talk about it" Maya said "I told you to not say anything" Carina said "My bad" Maya said holding her hands up in defence.

"Detective Bishop" A male's voice said from behind the two women "Jack Gibson" Maya said an annoyed smile on her face "When are you going to let me take you out for drinks" He asked "How many times do I have to tell you I bat for the other team huh" Maya asked "Yeah but I can change your views on that one" Jack said checking the blonde out. "Ahem" Carina cleared her throat "Sorry and who is this fine thing" Jack said moving his eyes to Carina "This is my partner Detective Carina Deluca" Maya said. "Wow you're hot" He said checking her out "I'm married" Carina said flashing her ring.

"So I have a question" Maya asked as they walked back to the precinct "Shoot" Carina said "Why didn't you choose me to work that string of B&E's with you" The blonde asked "I want to get to know everyone on the squad" Carina said "That's the only reason" Maya asked "Yep" Carina replied shortly "Right" Maya said rolling her eyes.

Saturday 19th June 2021

"Uhh how much longer do we have" Detective Hughes sighed in her chair "We still have 24 hours" Maya said laughing "No way that can't be right" Carina said "It is" Maya said showing her phone "Shit I'm so tired" Carina said "Try and get a few hours of sleep in" The blonde offered "I can't" Carina said "Why" Maya asked "I can't sleep alone" The brunette admitted "I know but that is marriage for you and you'd thing that the fact my wife is never home would make me be able to sleep alone but it doesn't" Carina said.

"I can sit in the bunk with you whilst I finish this paper work off if that would help" Maya offered "You would do that for me after everything" Carina asked "Rather have a partner that has slept, fewer mistakes and I am not a fan of mistakes" Maya said "Fair enough" Carina said standing up and walking to small room with a single bed in it. "Get some sleep I will wake you if need be" Maya said "Thankyou Maya" Carina said laying down on the on the small bed.

"Detective Robbins what can I do for you" The blonde asked quietly as she answered her phone "Yeah hi Bishop is my wife around" Arizona asked "She is currently asleep can I take a message" Maya asked "She's asleep" Arizona said confused "Yes" Maya answered "She can't sleep alone, is someone in bed with my wife" Arizona asked panic evident in her voice "No god no I am just sitting in the chair across from her doing some paperwork" Maya said "Oh okay thankyou Maya" Arizona said "was really no trouble don't really want a sleep deprived partner" Maya answered "Get her to call me back when she wakes up please" Arizona asked "no worriers" Maya said hanging up.

"Morning" Maya said as the brunette starting to move around "Morning" Carina replied voice laced with sleep "Sleep well princess" The blonde asked "Mhm best sleep I've had in a long time" Carina said standing up and throwing her shirt on over her singlet. "You going to get some sleep" Carina asked "No I'm good" Maya said "We still have 18 hours are you sure" Carina said "I'm fine I never sleep on 48 hour shifts" Maya said.

"What do you do when you get home, do you just fall straight to sleep as soon as your head hits the pillow" Carina asked the blonde once they were back at their desks "Um no" Maya said "I usually have a shower and something to eat then I go for a run then I have sex and go to sleep for like 18 hours" Maya said laughing "Oh I could never" Carina said "Never what" Maya asked "Have sex after a 48 hour shift" Carina said "Helps me sleep" Maya said shrugging her shoulders.