Nightmare

A cold sweat emerged over Damian as he squirmed like a fish on land in his bed.

"You are a disappointment!"

"No!"

"A failure!"

"NO!"

"You would have been my grandson but you decided 'justice not vengeance!' YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A BOY IN A COSTUME!"

"NOOOOOO!"

As he screamed, awakening himself from his dream, he noticed a Great Dane pouncing on the bed. He scratched the Dane's chin, Titus was still a puppy but he had begun to grow rapidly and was quickly becoming a nuisance to move off of Damian's body when he slept. However Damian didn't care right now. He had been staying at Wayne Manor for a week now. For some reason he let the Titans FaceTime him occasionally, but Damian also received some from his closest friend: Raven.

Damian had found ones just with him and Raven to be the most enjoyable, especially when Titus would start acting up when he saw Raven's face. It was reassuring to Raven as she was slightly worried that the dog would forget who had procured him for her friend.

Damian got out of bed and immediately his phone started going off. He was visibly confused at that point as it was 4 in the morning on the day he was going back to the tower. He looked down at who could possibly be calling him at that time, until that just became a distraction... a purple hole appeared with Raven stepping out. She was wearing a purple top with some black shorts and had a concerned expression on her face. Damian was happy to see his friend... perhaps more than he cared to admit. However Damian liked to keep up his persona, although with her that proved to be difficult.

"Damian I could feel your emotions all the way from the Tower, what's wrong?" She asked while placing her hands firmly on his shoulders.

"Nothing of concern Raven. Why are you here? It's early and with your father constantly bugging you sleep should be your priority." Damian said without breaking eye contact. He couldn't help but be concerned for her even when she wasn't the one screaming in their sleep.

"Damian you know I have him under control, he's barely a bother anymore. I'm here for you, you never show fear or sadness like this, I can feel it. You know how strong our bond is as well." Raven was staring into those emerald green eyes of his. They were what she would always think about when she was down. HE was what she thought about when she was down. She knew that she had feelings for him but in her mind, despite him making her feel safe and warm she was certain he didn't feel the same.

"Raven I'm fine, you should get some rest. You know I'll be back at the tower later, if you're really concerned then make me feel better by feeling fully energised when I return." Damian knew she could help him. She was the only one he really exposed himself to emotionally. He too knew his own feelings for her. Those amethyst eyes were hypnotic to say the least. She was always the best person to be around because of how she made him feel: happy, grateful and not alone. In his mind as well he was certain that she had no such feelings for him.

Neither of them thought feelings between each other was remotely possible. She was the daughter of Trigon and a demon. He was the grandson of Ra's Al Ghul and the most deadly assassin alive. Little did they know how much they need each other.

"Please... if I sense this from you again will you let me help, Damian?" She was more than a little concerned for her friend but she knew better than to stand up to Damian Wayne.

"I promise you I will let you help me. Now go back to bed!" He exclaimed while forcing her through the portal.

"Goodnight Raven."

"Goodnight Damian."

Raven felt disappointed in herself but she knew Damian and she knew that he would come to her eventually. At the same time she felt a bit of doubt and she feared she may have to come to him before he even acknowledged his negative emotions. All she knew was he promised.

Something began eating up at her other than doubt, she knew her feelings for him were strong but seeing him suffer like this tormented her. She knew she might have to tell Damian soon. Damian knew he might have to tell her how he felt as well.