Goodbye

Damian woke up with Raven on his chest. He smiled in satisfaction of the sight before him and the night that came before. He always loved Raven's appearance, but the thing he loved most about it was her smile. The smile she wore on her face at that very moment. The smile that pointed out she was happy, she was in love. The smile that made Damian want to give her the moon if she asked, he would do it without hesitation.

"You gonna stare all morning Dami?" Raven asked flirtatiously. This made Damian blush, but it made him smile.

"You're so beautiful... I love your smile." Damian said. Raven could feel the love in him, in his voice. She loved how he felt about her and was happy that she could feel the same towards him.

"Not so bad yourself love." Raven said.

It was then the two heard Arella in the other room crying. They let out tired sighs before both going to see what was happening. When the two came in however it was as if someone had thrown a knife at them for the first time.

Kori was standing there, holding the baby in her arms carefully.

The two immediately moved into fighting stance and got prepared to destroy their former team leader if necessary. However, she showed no signs of attack, just sadness, Raven felt it. Kori put Arella back in her crib and brought out her own baby, Mar'i.

Damian and Raven relaxed and looked at each other before approaching Kori slowly and both stroking the baby's face. The baby seemed to enjoy the contact and smiled in content.

They both looked up at Kori who had tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, for everything... Damian you were right, it didn't work." She took a deep breath and held Mar'i out to the two. "I can't take care of her on my own, you two are the only ones I trust... I need you to take her, please."

Damian and Raven went wide eyed. They couldn't look after another baby right now. Arella was already a handful and they had no room to house another baby at the moment with Arella always teleporting and moving around. They hadn't even considered having another child.

They looked at each other in agreement before pushing Mar'i back towards her mother who looked confused. "We're sorry Kori. But we can't take her, that's your responsibility." Kori turned to a look of sadness but had a hint of relief. She turned and flew out the window before wishing the two goodbye and stating that she would not see them again.

Raven began to tear up and Damian pulled her into a warm embrace. Kori may have been selfish in the end and tried to hurt her friends through Azrael but she was still Kori. She was the one person who felt remotely like a mother to Raven. Someone who tried to help her team, her family.

Damian raised Arella to her mother's face and saw as Raven smiled down at her daughter before returning with a warm embrace for the both of them.

Damian and Raven decided it was time. They were getting married immediately.

Instead of a big wedding with everyone there, the two decided to keep it all private and to themselves. They got Constantine to marry them and they used the wedding clothes they had already bought.

As Raven walked towards the two in their garden, she and Damian realised how lucky they are. How fortunate they are and how much they truly love each other.

Arella was sat watching. Seeming to be very interested despite being a 5 month old baby.

"Right now let's get these vows done shall we. Lad wanna go first?" Constantine asked.

Damian nodded before clearing his throat and looking Raven straight in the eyes while holding her hand. The two had huge smiles on their face and it didn't make anything any easier when it came to being nervous.

"Raven, from the first day I met you, I thought nothing but good thoughts about you. You were the only one who understood what I was going through and you helped me push past these problems. You made me realise that I could be who I want to be and be with who I want to be with... that person is you, Raven. You're so beautiful, you're loving and caring and I could never ask for a better bride. I love you, you're my soulmate." He declared. He looked to Raven who was smiling so brightly and had tears brimming in her eyes.

"Lass?" Constantine said.

Raven nodded and squeezed Damian's hand. "Damian, when I met you it was on one of the darkest times of my life. My father would've taken over Earth and we wouldn't be here today. You helped me through my dark times. You proved that you aren't just insufferable and you are what I said: a kind and generous soul... you showed me that I could be loved and that I could love someone the same way. You're my soulmate too and I love you so much." Raven also declared. Damian smiled widely and contently. They were truly very lucky to have each other and their daughter.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride mate." Constantine exclaimed.

Damian held Raven by the waist and pulled Raven into a long lasting kiss. Raven placed her hands on Damian's cheeks and returned the intensity he was showing.

Arella giggled in the corner and her parents laughed before walking towards her and scooping her up in their arms. They planted butterfly kisses all over her which made Arella giggle even more and grab her parent's faces.

They all settled after that. Damian left the superhero life fully as well as Raven. They knew something may still happen so they kept up with training and kept their uniforms. Months passed with their truly quiet life and they could not ask for anything better. They had Arella and they had each other. They would live in peace for the rest of their lives?

They proved that the two could love. They loved each other and they loved Arella. It was all perfect. They got what they wanted. Now all they had to do was live in it.

This is not the end. We have one chapter left and you may like what will come after it. If you want enjoyed this back then you will definitely enjoy what will happen next. I'll leave that as a surprise in the next chapter though 😏.

Thank you all for reading and voting and adding to your lists. It means a lot. I have said about this in the last A/N so go there for my sentimental shit 😂.

Please check out my other books too and look out for the final chapter of this book.