Newborn

Damian had been stressed for the past few months. He lost his brother, his mother had been killed and he lost his father. Anything now would've been insult to injury. Luckily for him he had Raven. But now was the most stress he ever felt at one point.

Raven was sweating. She was clearly in a lot of pain, though childbirth is painful. She felt Damian's hand tightly wrapped around hers. She had been on the hospital bed for hours now and was almost done. She was happy to be having a child but not happy about the process of giving birth, she knew she'd only want one child.

"I can't do this!" She panted out as the doctors demanded she push again. She was so close but didn't have much energy due to recent events with Kori and Azrael.

"Yes you can Beloved! I believe in you. One more push!" Damian comforted her. He confirmed that it was probably the last push.

One push later and the room went silent. The only sounds filling it were Raven panting and the crying of the newborn baby.

"Congratulations it's a healthy baby." The doctor said. He then, after a minute, wrapped the baby up and passed it to Raven.

Raven had such a happy look on her face that Damian didn't want to leave the moment. They had a baby, a baby girl. This baby was the daughter of Damian and Raven. He couldn't believe it. She looked beautiful and much like her mother. She had Raven's pale skin as well as her hair colour. The only real difference was the emerald green eyes that were the exact same as Damian's.

"She's perfect." Raven said, breaking the silence. Damian had tears of joy as well as Raven. She was perfect to them. She was proof that Damian and Raven were not who their pasts had told them they should be. They made themselves.

"She is... I can't believe we have a child, our daughter."

Raven held her out to him, which Damian responded with wide eyes and slowly taking her in his arms. He was terrified he'd drop the baby or do something to accidentally hurt it. After a few long seconds he became more confident and smiled down at her.

"What do we call her?" Raven asked. They had discussed baby names but in the moment they all went from their heads. Damian knew what he wanted to call her though. It was a way to make Raven happy and he'd do anything for that, even though she was pretty happy already.

"How about Arella?" Raven's eyes shot wide open as she gazed into his eyes, her mouth slightly open.

"You wanna name her after my mother?" Damian nodded slowly as she rested her head on his chest. After her asking why Damian kissed her head and explained.

"Because she is your mother. She is the one who brought the love of my life into the world. She brought me my future wife." Raven looked at him again in even more shock as he noticed a ring had discreetly been placed on her finger.

Damian gave Arella back to her and held her hand and cupped her cheek. "Raven will you forever be mine and accept to be my wife. I love you more than I ever thought I would love anything. You are the mother of our daughter and the most beautiful, strong and kind person I know. Please will you marry me?"

Raven's eyes began welling up again as she nodded. Giving him a soft, long and passionate kiss. "Yes Damian! Yes! I'll marry you!"

Damian also welled up. They continued to sit there and cuddle until Raven and Arella fell asleep. Damian scooped up Arella in his arms. He thought he was dreaming. He had proposed to Raven and she said yes. He also had a daughter. Nothing could feel any better than this, he thought.

If only the Dick and Bruce could see him now.

...

"Their child has been born. This will complicate things." Azrael proclaimed to Kori. He had begun a temporary partnership with her. He would help her bring back Nightwing. He just needed the Bat mantle.

"Actually I think it will help." Kori was still pregnant. Her mind had longer pregnancies of up to 12 months as opposed to humans and demons. She was confident that Damian and Raven would do anything for their child, she was happy for them but they'd need to use that child for their benefit.

"How so?"

"We kidnap the child and force Damian to take us to Nanda Parbat and relinquish the mantle. He'll do it in exchange for the child." Azrael smirked under his mask as Kori explained the plan. She would come to regret this but she needed Dick back. Hearing Damian and Raven say 'I love you' to each other made her miss him more and more.

"Go fetch Azrael" Kori commanded as Azrael began walking out of the warehouse they were in (I know a warehouse how original). He was coming for Arella and expected a fight. Little did they know that Raven was able to fight on her own now that she's no longer pregnant. Would Azrael be a match for the couple?