Past comes back

"Hello cousin." The woman said sinisterly.

Damian recognised the woman straight away. The brown hair and eyes gave away little. It was the scar across her eye that truly gave her away.

This wasn't the first time Damian had a visit from his cousin, Mara Al Ghul, she had tried to kill him multiple times. After all he gave her that scar whilst the two were in the league of assassins. Ra's Al Ghul saw her as weaker and lesser than Damian. She was considered to be that way while Damian was seen as the heir to the demon and the bringer of a "better" world.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" Damian asked. He was not having this now. She was a true threat to his family, even Raven.

"Relax. I just came to say I've done you a favour." She smirked and tossed over a bag which fell to the floor in the house.

"What's in the bag?" Raven asked. She'd never met Mara but she was familiar with her from Damian's stories. She felt nervous and extremely cautious.

"Ah you must be my cousin's beloved. You are a pretty little thing. The bag has something you want." Mara smirked and Damian knew that was usually a sign for trouble.

"Why would you give us anything we'd want?"Damian narrowed his eyes at her. Raven could sense that he was angry and didn't want Mara here at all.

"You gave me something I want. You gave me a life. You dismantled the League." With that she flashed the two a wink and grappled off into the distance.

Damian and Raven were not keen on looking into the bag. Knowing Mara it could be a bomb. Upon seeing sparks however they decided to look. Arella was also interested and giggled at the sparks, thinking they were pretty.

Damian pulled the item out of the bag to see Azrael's head. He was an android all along. Damian cursed himself for not seeing it coming. Of course he was, there was no way he could learn every move from every
Fighter.

"Dami, if this is an android... who made it?" Raven asked. She was not familiar with the concept of androids or advanced technology such as that.

"I don't know Habibti... but we need to find out." Damian demanded. Raven nodded in response. Deciding it was all enough for that night, the two put their daughter to sleep which was a lot easier this time.

Damian decided he would have a look at the head tomorrow which Raven thought was a good idea. She was keen to end these affairs with this mysterious foe once and for all. The intention of Damian and Raven moving out was so they could raise their daughter safely and be together and have a normal life. This was proving to be very difficult.

They knew Mara would likely return at some point. They didn't know why but it seemed a good chance to them.

Raven was not feeling as tired as she should have but Damian made sure she would be tired enough to fall asleep. It took a good amount of time but he managed and found that experience to be full of pleasure 😉

The next morning would be surprising yet again to the two birds.

Sorry I know this is short and it's been a while but I was burnt out on ideas and needed some time to think. Go and check out my one shot book and my new book which I have started (damirae).

The other book is called My Only Love and is set in a reality where Damian and Raven have been best friends at high school for two years but discover their feelings for each other. Damian isn't Robin and Raven has no powers as of yet. She is still half demon. Raven is also impoverished to the point where she loses her apartment (she lived alone). Go and read and enjoy. I will be updating that VERY soon.