Loss and Life

Damian's POV:

Kori had summoned the team to the common room, although I can't lie I loved cuddling Raven all day. Even though it had been 2 months since Grayson died, Kori had still had the same look of grief and sadness in her eyes. She had a hint of joy however as was to be expected when she announced she is pregnant.

Raven and I had only gotten closer since that day, honestly I didn't know that was possible but I love it, I love her. We had decided to share one room though as we often ended up staying in either of our rooms.

The team has been at a very low point. Donna was away during the events of Grayson's death and she was constantly talking to Raven about it when she had the chance.

Father hasn't spoken to me since I told him. It was hard, it was the first time I ever saw him cry. We were similar though. He acted the same way I did, I saw it happen though and I couldn't do anything to save him.

"Good afternoon Titans." Kori didn't sound any better and she had lost her positive persona, and on missions she was far more ruthless.

"Today we are going to be having some 'mandatory fun' I think we all deserve this, after all these past couple of months have been hard on all of us." She sounded like she wasn't into the idea herself, the others were, as the leader Kori has to make sacrifices. Small ones included.

"What kind of fun this time?" I heard Jaime ask. Last time was the fair where I developed my crush on Raven. It was fun but back then I was somewhat thankful for Trigon's demons putting a stop to it. Now I wish we had more time there and I was somewhat looking forward to this activity.

"This time we will be going to the beach on our island." The beach was not a terrible suggestion but I never wanted the team to see my scars, so swimming was out of the question.

"Everyone go get ready, we will meet there in half an hour."

Raven's POV:

As we made our way back to our rooms Damian and I entered our room and I could tell he wasn't keen on showing anyone his scars. When he was crippled I had to help him however I could, I helped him out of his Robin uniform and saw he was littered with scars. Although I was tempted to ask about them I thought it best to leave it alone. He is a hand to hand fighter with no powers so this should've been expected.

"What are we supposed to do on the beach, it's not even hot or anything?" I asked Damian. I've never really been on the beach like this and it was very new to me.

"Just bring a book and we'll do some reading together beloved. You can swim if you want but I won't be joining." Damian was positive against joining in swimming. I was more than happy to read with him but I had a better idea in mind.

"Or we can wait for everyone to get in the water and sneak off together?" I said with a smirk which Damian also shared.

"Your wish is my command Habibti."

We made our way to the beach. I was wearing a purple swimsuit whilst Damian was wearing black shorts with a red T-shirt. It hung perfectly on his body and I did unfortunately have to stop looking.

Upon arrival everyone immediately got in the water. Donna kept inviting me in but I didn't wanna leave Damian. Besides we had other plans.

An hour or two past and Damian and I were sneaking off to our room. We've rarely been "intimate" with each other but the times when we were, I didn't want it to stop.

As soon as I shut the door, Damian turned me around and began kissing me and he hoisted me up by the waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around him. He laid me on the bed and we began taking off our clothes. I turned Damian on the bed so I was on top and mounted him, our bodies fit together like a jigsaw puzzle.

Some time later

Damian's POV

After we were done I managed to get some rest. I woke up and saw Raven next to me with our arms wrapped around each other. She looked adorable when she was asleep. I even failed to take in the fact we were both naked.

"Were you satisfied with 'our' mandatory fun Miss Roth?" I gave her one of my 'famous Wayne smirks' as she calls them.

"Very much so Mr Wayne." She said after she opened her eyes.

I pulled her closer and we both went back to sleep.

When we finally got up, the team was still at the beach somehow. Raven and I had decided to go to the roof again as the sun would be setting soon.

I held on to Raven as she rested her head on my shoulder. As the sun set I realised how perfect it had felt. Raven was the only person I felt this way around and I wanted this moment to last forever. She looked like she felt the same.

"I love you Raven." I blurted out. I didn't need a conversation beforehand to say it. I would say it no matter what situation we found ourselves in.

"I love you too Damian." She put her hand on my cheek. It felt soft and smooth. We closed the gap between our faces and embraced in a long passionate kiss.

We unfortunately pulled away due to the fact that we needed to breathe.

"I wish everyday could be like today." She said. I knew it was a rare thing to have a day to ourselves and be like this. Nightwing's death always reminded me of our line of work but I got to wake up everyday with Raven and that was enough to make my day before it even started.

"We may not always have days like this but I'm glad I can spend everyday with you Habibti."

No one's POV:

As they sat there watching the sun rise, somewhere else someone was planning to end the Titans. Someone Damian knew all to well and the next day they planned to make him suffer.