Betrayal

The quiet life was not approaching as fast as Damian had hoped. He now had a new superhero identity, Red X, and was now having to hunt down the former team leader. He knew where she was going... Nightwing's grave.

Kori had been broken since Dick's death, more so than Damian, she never allowed herself to grieve. How could she? She was pregnant with his child. Knowing there was a way to bring him back was haunting her. The fact his own brother, Damian wouldn't let her revive him was disappointing and hurtful.

As she was digging up his body, Damian appeared. He had no patience left after already explaining why this wouldn't work.

"Starfire stop!"

"No! You won't even take the chance to bring back your own brother! My love!"

Damian took that hard. He knew Kori loved Dick but that was not his concern. The brother comment got him. He was beyond angry.

"How many times do I have to explain to you?! He won't be back the same! He is gone Starfire! How do you think I feel knowing I can never see him again?!" She looked at Damian with wide eyes. She hadn't considered how this might affect him. She had only thought of herself and her baby.

"Damian I'm sorry but I have to take the chance." Kori became more sympathetic but Damian was still infuriated. He wouldn't stop her. He knew she wouldn't give up, seeing Dick like that might break her heart but it will bring her to some level of reality. He took a deep breath and calmed down before speaking.

"Fine. It won't work but I'm not gonna stop you. I hope you find happiness after this is over." With that Damian grappled onto a building. He was distraught about the situation, he looked stressed, his hair was a mess and his eyes were red (not his mask).

It took a second to realise that Raven was calling him. He snapped back to reality and answered the call.

"Hello Beloved."

"Damian! We have an emergency here, we need you!"

Damian was taken aback and quickly started running back to the Tower.

"Raven! What's going on?!"

"Hurry please!"

With that the call ended and he quickly ran straight to the island. Not even bothering to go through the door, he grappled into the broken window of his and Raven's room.

As he entered he was quick to pull out his sword. But what he saw was a masked figure standing as tall as Superman. He held a knife and held it against Raven's throat.

"Who are you?! Let her go!" Damian's eyes narrowed. The figure unexpectedly let her go and pushed her towards him, causing him to drop his sword and catch her. He held Raven lovingly when the figure decided to speak up.

"Damian Wayne. Your father was to be succeeded, if not by you then by me. You have 1 week to confirm that I will succeed the bat." With that the figure disappeared. The last thing he left was a note. His name was Azrael.

This was something Damian could worry about later. He needed to make sure Raven was ok. The rest of the team can handle themselves, Raven was his girlfriend and the mother of their child. She is always his priority.

"Raven! Are you alright?" She looked up to him with terrified eyes. What had he done?

"Damian!" She began holding him tightly. She was sobbing but not quite crying. Damian ran his hand through her hair and gave her little kisses as he cooed her.

"I'm here. I'm here. What did he do?" Raven looked like she had seen a ghost. She was even more pale than usual and looked like she could be sick.

"He knew everything... all about us. How we all fought. He fought like all of us, even like Batman and you. He said Kori got in contact with him to stop us from helping to in with her... in exchange for the Batman mantle." Damian was angry with Kori and angry about this Azrael. He knew their moves. That wouldn't make him relinquish the mantle to him. It takes more than moves.

"He's gone now. We don't have to worry... Come on." Damian hugged her tightly and started placing kisses on her belly. The baby might actually be coming sooner than they thought. Raven smiled at this gesture and reassured Damian that the baby was fine and so was she.

They quickly told the team to keep an eye out for Kori and for Azrael. Damian instructed them to learn new fighting styles to counter Azrael.

After a long period of cuddling and Damian stroking Raven's belly, they agreed sleep was something that they desperately needed and called it a night.

Damian woke up to Raven shaking him awake desperately. It was the middle of the night and that sometimes meant a nightmare. Raven hadn't had one for a while. Damian soon discovered this wasn't the case at all.

"Damian! My water just broke!"

Damian looked at her with wide eyes and his mouth open. Raven looked terrified. They quickly ran to a car and went to the hospital. This was it, this was the day they were both waiting for. The arrival of their child.

The child of Damian and Raven...

Author: yes I'm leaving this on a cliffhanger 😂. It's been a long day for me and I'm gonna update tomorrow don't worry. Thank you for over 1000 reads. Honestly I feel like I've improved with writing and the story. I started this as a bit of fun. I thought I could make something I wanted and see if other people like it and I'm surprised 😂. Thank you all and look out for the new chapters. I'm trying to update as often as I can.