Supernatural!AU

I tightened my grip on my shoulder bag, hunching my shoulders to stay warmer. The New York frost bit at my face and the sharp wind made my wavy blonde hair fly everywhere. I was covered head to toe in clothing; brown boots, blue skinny jeans, and a few hoodies covering my upper body. The beanie that kept the stray hairs in place barely did anything to block the cold. I abruptly turned, heading down a back alleyway to my apartment building.

I took this route everyday after my work as a YA author. I was doing my dream job; writing books about vampires, werewolves, demons, etc. I've been obsessed with the supernatural since I was a little kid. I've read almost every fantasy book written, legends, folktales, myths..that's what they say anyway. That the creatures that lurk under your bed are fake. Make believe. But they aren't. They may be watching you at this very moment...Great. Now I'm scaring myself. Go Will.

I shivered once again in the alleyway, brightening up when my apartment complex came into view. I walked a little faster, thoughts of warmness encouraging me. Or at least that's what I told myself, I mean, I'm not scared of being out in the dark! The promised warmth is telling me to go faster, not the creepiness of this alley. Yet....I couldn't help but feel as if somebody was watching me. I shook my head to clear the over-imaginative thoughts, letting out a small chuckle at my thoughts.

The noisy wind was interrupted when a piercing whine came from behind me. I froze, the wet ground seeping into my shoes. Slowly I turned, as if pulled by a force, while my brain screamed at me to run. I stared at the crates in the alley where I heard the sound come from. My feet lifted themselves in that direction involuntarily, silent except for my heavy breathing. I wasn't dumb enough to call out, I've seen the horror movies! They always start with a dumb girl whispering 'hello?' to a masked killer. Ugh. So instead, I kept quiet.

I finally reached the crates when another whine filled the air, way louder than before. It was definitely coming from the crates. I slowly creeped around the boxes, catching a glimpse of black hair. I froze, staring at the hunched over body. The whine was emitted again and I whimpered, realizing the pained cry was actually from an animal that laid bloody beneath the figure. The person tensed at my whimper, it's neck snapping back to stare at me. I gasped as I met blood-red eyes that screamed hunger. Turning on my heel I sprinted, ignoring the doubt in my mind. If anything I wrote was true...I am so not surviving this. As soon as I finished my thought, a body slammed into mine, pushing me against the wall.

Heavy breathing coasted my neck and I shivered, trying to turn my head to face my attacker. He chuckled, turning me around as if he could read my mind...wait.

"Can you read my mind?" I blurted, completely forgetting that this creepy killing machine was holding me captive against the brick building. His eyes flickered brown for a moment before he chuckled, shaking his head.

"Nope. I cannot do that, contrary to popular belief. I just expected you to scream and it's fairly amusing to watch," The pale man tilted his head, continuing in his old-Italian accent, "Aren't you afraid of me human?"

I nodded, too busy studying him to answer properly. I mean, I have come to terms with dying but I might as well learn more about my life-long infatuation.

"Hm. Interesting." The guy said, watching me carefully. I stared right back, deciding which question to ask before I die.

"So vampires really exist, huh?" I asked, my voice slightly cracked from the fear still running through me. I was scared stiff less but my curiosity always got the best of me.

The said vampire nodded, letting his grip on my wrists soften.

"Why are you so interested?" He asked, leaning into my face. I smiled nervously and replied, "Well, I love vampires." His eyes flashed brown once again before he completely let me go, my body falling into the ground.

"You-you love us?" He asked incredulously, seeming very confused.

"Well, I guess so. All things supernatural really." I replied breathless. Leaning my body against the wall, I slowly calmed my heart. Now, don't ask me why I wasn't running away. Because I'm going to say something really cliche, ready?

Something attracted me to him.

I read about vampires that seduced their prey but I never imagined their pull was so strong. It was slightly exhilarating.

"Hey, by the way, I'm Will. I figured if I died, I would like to know your name." I spoke up from my place on the floor, watching the still vamp.

"Nico." He replied, crouching down to my level. I noticed his eyes were no longer red, instead that amazing brown I saw earlier. He smirked before leaning his face in until we were a centimeter away.

"And I'm not going to kill you. You are too fun." He whispered, brushing his lips over mine. My eyes fluttered shut on reflex, and I leaned in to deepen the kiss.

I fell into the snow.

I looked up from where I was lying to check around me. He was gone. And he left me alive...fascinating. I scurried to my feet, smiling once into the night air before sprinting off to my apartment, the image of the dark haired vampire spinning in my mind.

Nico, when will I see you again?

-------------------------------------

Can't decide if I'm really happy with this or not...feels too rushed. ALSO, FINALS ARE OVER. I couldn't update because I was so stressed and busy studying but now I have some more time...which means more oneshots!!!! Bye~

-fandoms-fangirl (changed username. Can't decide whether to go back or not)