Cough Cough

My family is sick -_-
And then there's me who's fine. ?!?!

"Ugghh," Will groaned, grabbing another tissue to wipe his dripping red nose. Stupid cold! I am so done being sick....ah..ah...AAAACHOOO!

A pathetic sniff from the living room was the only sound in the empty house, 'cause all of Will's siblings had already left for school.

Trying to focus on the Gravity Falls cartoon, Will threw the Kleenex into the trash can next to him and snuggled deeper into the fluffy blanket. His mom had left a few minutes ago and he wasn't expecting company for a few hours. All of his friends were at school, even his best friend, Nico Di Angelo.

They had been besties since Kindergarden and had experienced everything together; acne, puberty, first double date, first swim race, etc. But this time Nico wasn't sick to suffer with Will.

"WILL."

Speaking of the devil...Will sat up, a coughing fit following. The voice was now accompanied by a persistent knocking.

"Will! C'mon man. I made soup for you!"

Yum! Souuuup!

Will finally stumbled to the door, opening it to reveal his smiling best friend. Nico ducked under his arm, and headed for the couch, talking over his shoulder.

"I made chicken noodle! Your favorite. And do you have any idea how much work is in a dumb bowl of soup?!"

Will just smiled in response and sat down, gratefully taking the thermos of soup. The flavored liquid instantly warmed him as it ran down his throat and he said between sips,

"It's delicious!"

Nico smiled proudly and got comfortable in Will's blanket. He started explaining all the homework Will was going to have and how he skipped 4th period to come here. He then started chatting about useless stuff while Will finished off his soup. In the middle of a conversation about the school slut, the clock ringed out that a hour had already past.

"Aw, I need to get to 5th period. I'll be back after school though! Rest...I mean it!" Nico stood, grabbing the empty thermos from Will. Will stood too, wondering how to thank his friend. Words didn't seem sufficient enough....so...

Will leaned over and pecked Nico's cheek, which flamed red upon contact. Will smiled tiredly and curled back into a ball, watching Nico stand there with his mouth open. A few times it closed, only to open again in after-shock. Finally, Nico smirked slowly, making eye contact with his friend.

"That's not fair. I can't kiss you cause you are sick."

Now it was Will's turn to blush. Stupid cold! AAAACHOO!