Strangers

Dragonsblue~ I have no idea how to dedicate chapters to people

Nico stared out at the stormy sky from where he was seated in his office, wondering how the hell he would get home without getting wet. And to think it was the one day he forgot his umbrella.

"Hey Nico. Finish up 'cause I want to lock up the place." His boss said, peeking into the small room. Nico nodded and quickly packed up his report for the day. He worked for one of the most famous magazines in the state; Demigod Diaries. Nico wrote short mystery stories to add into the teen-adult magazine. He was a big deal if he could say so himself.

Soon enough, Nico was standing on the curb, rain drenching his clothes. He started sprinting, his briefcase pounding against his side.

'WHY DIDNT I BRING AN UMBRELLA' He thought, getting wetter by the second.

Spotting a random overhang minutes later, Nico went under, trying to catch his breath.

"Finally. Some shelter against this goddamn storm."

Nico looked up towards the voice, locking gazes with a man around his age that was also soaking wet. Guess he forgot his umbrella too. But damn he was hawt.

Nico admired his wavy blonde hair and bright blue eyes, slightly jealous of his athletic and muscular form. Nico was always a little scrawny which made no sense to him- he ate his fav McDonalds all the time. And his tux...*whistle*

"Hey."

Nico blushed, realizing he was staring at the stranger and smiled, replying, "Hi."

The blonde boy leaned up against the wall next to him, nonchalantly flicking his hair back.

"I hate this weather. Oh. And I'm Will. Will Solace. "

Nico looked over at Will and smirked, "Really? A weather conversation starter? Cliché. And nice to meet you. I'm Nico Di Angelo.

Will blushed with a sheepish grin, mockingly saying, "You caught me! I just wanted to start chatting so I could ask for your number."

Nico's jaw dropped. That was sudden and not subtle at all. "You could've done a lame pick-up line or something. Like, 'Hey baby, did you fall from heaven?'" Nico teased, letting his voice drop to a manly man voice.

Will laughed and shook his head, unconsciously moving closer. "No. What would of been better is, 'Are you from McDonalds? Cause I'm lovin' you.'"

"That one. I like that one."

"Wait, really?! Awesome. I didn't think that one was actually that good...I'll remember it." Will winked, making Nico blush again.

The rain kept pounding but the two boys didn't care. They were too busy exchanging lame pick-up lines. But eventually the rain did stop and both of them needed to get home. Will and Nico stood silently under the overhang, waiting to see who would make the first move.

"Hey Nico," Will blurted, gaining his attention, "Can I take you out for coffee sometime?"

"Hell yeah. I thought you would never ask."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
I hope you liked it (: