HATE 33

"NO," James steps halted when Nadine suddenly stopped him from coming closer. She looked like just aware of what just came out from her mouth, but there was no doubt that she did not want to see him right now.

"Not now, James. I'm tired. Plus, you just arrived and I'm sure you are tired, too," she turned around and pretending to be busy by arranging the stuffs on her table. James knew that she was giving the excuse, but he did not want to force her for confrontation. James took few steps backward before he turned around to leave the room.

"Anyway, I want to tell you that it's good to see you again," he looked at her back and hoping that she would turn around to look at him. Unfortunately, Nadine just ignored him. After she heard the sound of closing door, her tense shoulders dropped as a relief sigh escaped from her throat. Three years had passed and even though she had unexpectedly met James yesterday, her heart seemed unprepared when they met again just now.

Three years seemed not enough for her to pick herself back from the pain that he had caused to her. Then how could she face James when they were going to work together for quite long period of time later? Nadine shook her head ad straightened her body.

"I can't let this thing happen. James shouldn't be here," Nadine wanted to talk with Uncle Joseph later to change the architect for this. Her father just wanted her to sop hiding from James and they had met. That was the main reason and this vacation house project was only an excuse. So, James did not have to be involved because Nadine would find other way to settle her problem with James.

************

"BEST FRIEND! I'm truly sorry for hiding the truth but that is what Nadz wants. I have to respect her. I'm sorry, best friend," that was what Enrique always used to address James every time he did wrong to James. Enrique just wanted James to forgive him for the sake of their long friendship. They were having video call through James' laptop currently.

"I'm sorry too for putting you at the tough position," James had to put himself in Enrique's shoe before blaming his friend for lying to him. Enrique was not just only his, but he was also the cousin of his wife. Honestly James still had the hard time to believe what Uncle Joseph had told him about his family and his late wife, Judy Sophia. His family was against his marriage with Sophia until they found the opportunity to separate them after he involved in car accident by fabricating each other's death.

"I'm honestly thought that yesterday would be my last day alive," he then faked a cry to draw sympathy from James. He had really no idea that Uncle Joseph and Mr. Angelo had secretly planned to bring James to New York, and James also did not tell him anything about coming to this city.

"Anyway, have you informed your Dad about this?" James scoffed when Enrique mentioned about Mr. Angelo as he leaned his back against chair.

"He is avoiding my calls, but I'm very sure that he had received an update from Uncle Joseph," Enrique raised one eyebrow and smiled which James could interpret as mocking him when he still used 'Uncle' to address his father-in-law.

"Dude, he is your father-in-law," James just pulled a tight smile. Even though he was closed to Uncle Joseph before this, he did not feel entitled to address him as 'Dad' after he had hurt his daughter. He was thankful enough that Uncle Joseph was giving him the chance to correct his mistakes and fix the problem with Nadine.

"So, what is your plan now?" James was quiet as he had no answer to that. Not he had no plan, but he did not know where to begin since Nadine refused to talk to him. During dinner that night, Nadine refused to come out and wanted to have her meal inside the room.