HATE 42

'PLEASE! Stay with me. Don't ever leave me again,'

THAT piece of memories had finally had come to him. The last night event gradually became clearer in his head. He hugged Nadine tightly last night, so tight until she pleaded him to loosen his wrap around her body. She even promised him to stay by his side when he pouted in sulky.

'I love you. And I want us to be together again,' Nadine pecked his lips, snuggling his neck afterwards as she smiled in bliss. James sighed heavily as he raked his fingers through his long and messy hair. He leaned back against the seat, throwing his gaze outside the window as he stopped the car at the roadside. Anyway, he had not gone too far from the vacation house.

'Why makes everything between us difficult? Over these past 3 months, I also had a very difficult time. I gave a lot of thought about our marriage and I'd decided I want to keep our marriage!' James sighed again when he glanced at his bag at the backseat from the rear mirror. He had always waited for this moment, the moment where Nadine finally returned into his arms. However, the fear to be hurt again after he had struggled to pick himself and stand on his feet again surged tremendously until he decided to run away. He was not confident that he would survive another break up with Nadine.

It was better not having Nadine than losing her again after he had given his all to her. James closed his eyes for a moment, trying to gather all his strength and sanity to make the life turning decision in his life. It was now or never, and no more turning back after this. James opened his eyes as he inhaled deeply. That's it! He gripped the steering and resumed the driving to his desired destination.

************

HER happiness was short-lived, and she was not confident that she could be happier without James in his life. She had survived three years without James by his side, but now she doubted herself to live her dream and future without him. Her heart broke and shattered into pieces when James had given her false hope last night. Nadine sobbed as she started packing her bag. There was no point of staying here because James had left her alone her. He had made the decision to end their marriage.

"You have to be strong, Nadine. You must!" she chanted, wiping away the tears that blurred her vision. When James left, Nadine did not give up easily. She tried to reach him through phone but he did not answer her calls at all. She even waited him for three hours, hoping him to appear in front of the doorway and tell her that they deserved another chance of happiness. To her despair, James had kept his words.

'I think we should stop everything now,'

He did not want her anymore in his life. Was she too late to fix things between them? When she received the annulment documents from James two months ago, she cried in sorrow as she realized this was not what she wanted in her life. She realized that James was what she needed yet she was delaying things because of fear and uncertainty of the future.

'Don't let those fear and worries hold you back from chasing after your happiness. Just be braved to take leap of faith. You love him and he loves you. He is not just love you, Nadine. He is giving all his life to you. That's all matter,' Uncle Joseph successfully convinced her to abandon all her fear and worries and run back to the arms of her beloved husband.

"At least I've tried my best to get him back," Nadine comforted herself. She would hate herself if she lost James without trying to fight for him.

"And you've got me," there was familiar voice from behind, making Nadine swiftly turned around at looked at the door. There, James was standing at the doorway, breathing heavily as if he had sprinted to get here, and his clothes drenched with water. The rain poured heavily at outside and it might be the reason Nadine did not hear anyone was running up towards her room.