HATE 9

A/N: No proofreading. Will check on it later.

THEY went to karaoke after dinner to unleash all the stress they had been enduring for the past few weeks because they had finished the last paper today. They wanted to have fun and sing until their voices became hoarse. They would have semester break starting tomorrow because some students had exam papers until this coming Friday.

They jumped like crazy and sang with all heart to tire themselves out, but it gave them satisfaction since it lightened them. They felt free and anticipated the break since all of them had own plans with the families. After spent two hours in karaoke room, it was time for them to go home.

"Well, have fun on your vacation Bret," said Freya after they reached their cars. Freya would give Martina a lift to home since they lived in same residence, and Bret would take care of Nadine as usual.

"You guys too," they had a group hug while reminding each other to take care themselves before they separated from there. Bret and Nadine watched Freya's car until it disappeared from sights before he drove the car leaving the parking site.

"I hope Martina won't over think and worry too much about the result," said Nadine as she recalled her best friend cried out while singing just now because she worried that she might fail the International Business paper they had taken this evening.

"She will be fine," knowing Martina for years now, she probably would feel down for one or two days and then return to her talkative and bubbly character again. Nadine chuckled because she knew what Bret was trying to tell her. They talked about their plans along the ride, and Nadine jokingly asked him to buy a lot of souvenir for her.

"And I hope you won't forget about your promise," he reminded her after the car stopped in front of her house. Nadine just smiled but she could feel her face started becoming red when Bret gently held her hand and slowly intertwined their fingers. They had holding hands many times before but never as intimate as this.

Nadine looked down shyly when Bret kissed her hand. She was sure of her feeling and could say yes right away, but she wanted to say it at the right time. Would not it be sad if she say yes and the next day Bret would be away for a month? Nadine gripped his hand as she looked directly in his eyes.

"Have a safe trip and enjoy your vacation. Probably you'll get good news after you come back. Good night," she said and quickly hopped off from car after kissed his cheek. Bret blinked his eyes few times before his lips cracked a grin after he realized the hint Nadine had dropped to him. Now he could not wait to slip that ring on her finger after he returned from vacation later.

"So see you in a month. Good night, my girl," teased Bret because he liked to see her blushing cheeks and her shy smile. Nadine waved at him as he started driving away and entered the house after his car disappeared from her sight. Nadine could not stop smiling, and she did not want her father and grandmother teased her if they see 'the girl in love' look on her face.

However that smiled disappeared when she encountered James who was ready to leave while she walked up the stairs. She rolled her eyes when he smirked and she just walked passing him because she had no time to bicker with him. Since their confrontation few weeks ago, they acted as if nothing had happened and just moved on with their lives.

James did not offer a single apology which Nadine did not expect any from him either because she knew it would not happen. He probably wished that he could ruin her at that time, but God still had mercy on her. He saved her and gave her the strength to live because she deserved it.

For Nadine, these past few weeks had been really crazy for her. Not only she had intense confrontation with James, she also had confrontation with Quinito few days after she had been discharged from hospital. Although she knew that he was forced to apologize to her, but she was glad that the issue between her and Quinito was over.