HATE 28

THEY literally went insane when Nadine had decided to proceed with the lawsuit against Jericho. Even though Nadine was informing them through a phone call, she could imagine their reaction at that moment. Nadine had no intention to prolong this matter but it was James who refused to drop the charge and it became out of her control when Mr. Angelo and Lola Liezel discovered about it.

'Nadz, I had to agree with you last not to charge against Quinito, but this time I'll not keep things quiet. Nobody can harm my daughter as they pleased!' that was it! When Mr. Angelo used that stern intonation, nobody could change his decision including Nadine. A part of Nadine was blaming James for making the things worst but she actually felt more grateful that James did all that because he just wanted to protect and find justice for her.

"Angelica came to see me few days ago and asked my help to persuade you," she began the conservation after a long peaceful silent moment between them. They were spooning and naked underneath the comforter as they just finished the third round of love making for today. James was right that he was no longer sick and she regretted for underestimated his strength because she definitely needed James' help to walk later.

'Oh..," he said without surprised as if he had expected it from her. Nadine raised her eyebrow at his reaction and rolled over her back to face him. She then gave him the look that she wanted more answers for him but he just ignored her hint and tried to kiss her again.

"No kiss before you explain everything to me," she blocked the kiss and pushed her body up to sit on the bed. She pulled along the comforter with her to cover her bare chest. James wiped his face as frustrated sigh escaped from his throat, not because Nadine demanded the answer from him but he just missed the chance to lure her into 4th round of love making. Call him a sex manic or whatsoever but he just could not get enough of her.

"Okay, what do you want to know?" asked him after he got up and leaned against the headboard.

"Everything," she replied shortly.

"It is obvious that guy is crazy and he did try to rape you! Of course I will not let this matter go easily when he had hurt my wife! I wanted to beat him to death for touching you but that will not bring any justice for you. The most important thing is I don't want your family think that they can hurt you whenever they are pleased. I know that you will absolutely against the idea of bring this matter to court but Love, I did this because I want to protect you,"

Nadine gulped the lump in her throat as she felt tightness inside her chest. It was not because of what she just heard but it was because the sincerity inside James' eyes had cause the seed of love inside Nadine's heart had abruptly grown into a tree and did not give the chance to bloom slowly.

"And what do you think the reason I did all this for you?" he asked while gently caressed her cheek. However, Nadine just stiff at her place as her heartbeat suddenly became erratic. She felt in cloud nine and the fireworks inside her heart had almost cause her to faint. Obviously, they liked each other but the words like 'I love you' had never slipped out from their mouths. When Nadine said nothing, James slowly moved closer and planted a soft kiss on her sweet lips.

"I want to protect you because you are my wife," that was not what she wanted to hear! Her heart was screaming for more, and Nadine closed her eyes when his lips shifted down to her neck. When James was about to pull down the comforter on her body, Nadine suddenly stopped him and moved away.

"James, I'm tired. I think we have enough for today," she pulled a small smile and got off from bed, leaving James dumbfounded as he had no idea why Nadine suddenly sounded upset.