HATE 36

AFTER three days of hospitalization, Lola Liezel was discharged home. Lola Liezel looked more energetic and happier than ever because her beloved granddaughter was beside her. Because Lola Liezel had asked Nadine to come home alone, Nadine finally stepped back again inside the Reid House after three years. It was the place that held most of her bitter and sweet memories. Nadine thought that she would never return to this house, but today she was here again. Nadine quietly watched James assisted Lola Liezel to her room but when Lola Liezel wanted to sit on the bed, Nadine gave a hand to help.

            "Lola, be careful," Nadine held Lola Liezel's shoulder, but she had accidentally touched James' hand. It was just an accident but from the corner of her eyes, she could see the smile that curled on James' face.

            "Do you need anything else, Lola? If not, I have for go to office for a while but I'll return soon," said James after Lola Liezel had comfortably lying down on the bed. Lola Liezel just shook her head while smiling at James.

            "I just want to rest for a while but you will come home for dinner, right?" James sat at the bedside and reached Lola Liezel's hand and kissed it. He felt so happy that Lola Liezel had finally completely forgave him and opened her heart to him again. He would not ask more for it.     

            "Lola, I just need to settle something there and I promise we will have dinner together," Lola Liezel smiled wider before she looked at Nadine and reached for her hand.

            "Then Nadine, please stay here for dinner," Nadine looked at Lola Liezel's hopeful eyes and because she did want to disappoint Lola Liezel, she agreed to stay. After that both of them left the room to let Lola Liezel rest.

            "Dad and Uncle Joseph will arrive soon. While the maids are preparing for dinner, you can rest inside the room. If you are not comfortable staying in our room, you can use your old room on second floor," said James and when Nadine remained quiet, he just left her alone. It had been two days since James requested for another chance but Nadine still had not replied him. She actually wanted to avoid from talking about that matter right now, and James had to respect that.

            After James left, Nadine went to the kitchen to get some water. The maids were little surprised to see her, and Nadine just reassured them that they could continue their works and just ignored her here. All the maids were the new faces to Nadine. Even Tito Pilo and Auntie Yana had stopped working and returned to their respective hometowns to spend their old time with family members. When she finally had quenched her thirst by drinking cold water, she headed to the stairs but her steps halted when she looked at James' room. It used to be their room before she left the house.

            Nadine looked around and when she was very sure that no one was watching her, she went to James' room and opened the door.   There was the sudden weight inside her heart when she looked around as she stepped inside. There was nothing much had changed inside here. Even the scent that filled inside here was her favorite scent. She moved to the wardrobe and James did not take out her leftover clothes. She then moved to the table and their wedding picture was still there.

            Nadine then noticed that his laptop was on the sleep mode by looking at the flickered light at the switch button. So, she touched the dark screen and few seconds later, the screen tuned bright and revealed the lock-screen wallpaper. Nadine's heart momentarily stopped when she saw the picture of them were kissing as they were riding the swing in Bali last time.

            "I'd told you that James did not anything out out from this room," Nadine startled and reflexively closed down the laptop. She then looked up and saw Mr. Angelo was standing at the doorway with teasing smile on his face. Mr. Angelo approached closer and when he was standing by Nadine's side, he flipped open the laptop and touched the black screen. He then entered the password and this time the screen wallpaper was a different picture.