PROLOGUE

HE used to be in love, but he was still young back then. So he never really knew what true love was, and what love could do to people. He thought love could only happen between two hearts that attracted to each other, but he was wrong. People said that love works in mysterious ways. 

He found it very cheesy and boring until the real love hit him one day. Love definitely works in mysterious ways. It surprised him that one day he realised that he was in love with a woman that he used to hate the most in his life. She was the woman that he never imagined to end up with for his lifetime.

His initial intention was only to hurt her as he wanted her to feel his pain. He wanted to torture her and make her life miserable but as he said just now, love had its own way to mend his broken heart. Her kindness had shown him what true love was. Love was not just the pleasure affection between two hearts.

It was beyond than what he always had thought. Love is about acceptance and letting go. He learned that sometimes two hearts that used to love each other were not meant to be together. He learned that there were certain things were meant to let go rather than holding them back.

Thus he learned to accept the painful truth and let go of the grudge that had made his life bitter for more than a decade. Love is about sacrifice and forgiving. He never understand why some people could let their loves slipped away without fighting for them, but he had learned that sometimes giving up could be the last way to fight for their loves.

In this life, there are things that were not worth to sacrifice in the name of love, and it was a family. The love of your life might leave you someday, but family would always stay beside you. Sometimes you had to choose between these two, and someone had taught him to always choose his family over than anything.

But what if the love of his life was someone that pulled out the best of him, and someone that was the best thing that ever had happened in his life? This where you had to learn to accept and trust what heaven had destined for you. If she was really the one, love would always prevail at the end.

Love is about forgiving. The mankind was imperfect. They tended to repeat the same mistakes. He also had done many mistakes especially towards his woman. He had hurt her many times, but his woman chose to forgive him so they could start over again. His woman had a big heart, and he guessed that what made he fell for her.

People said that eyes are the window to your soul. During the time when he was still in denial about his feelings for his woman, people that close to him had noticed it before he even realized about it. Now he believed when people told him that they could see his love for her through his gaze because the old pictures of stolen shoot had proved that he definitely had fallen head over heels for his woman.

And he would not deny it anymore. His woman had become his everything right now, and he could not imagine what his life would be without her by his side. He had lost her once, and he could not lose her again. So he pulled her closer, and it distracted her from reading the magazine.

Currently they were resting on porch swing with canopy in the home garden, and he accompanied her to read the maternity magazine here. She looked up to meet his light brown eyes, and he only smiled before he looked down on her rounded tummy. He then reached her hand and kissed the knuckles as their gazes interlocked, and he loved the shy smile that curled on her kissable lips.

"I hate you," she just laughed when he uttered those words, and she nuzzled her nose with his before she kissed his lips.

"I hate you too," she replied and rested her head on his broad chest.