HATE 13

YASMINE and Evian had no more ideas of comforting Bret, and they decided to let him alone inside his room. Luckily their parents currently were in Sydney for business trip so they would not see how terribly heartbroken Bret was after he accidentally watched the video of James and Nadine at Yassi and Andre's wedding.

Most of the celebrities that attended the ceremony had flooded their social media accounts with the video of the event. Some of them had uploaded the video of James kissing Nadine after he placed the garter on her thigh. Bret had almost smashed his phone after he watched those videos. Luckily Yasmine's fiancé, Edward was able to comfort Bret and stop her brother from doing stupid things.

"Are you sure he will be alright?" asked Evian as she looked at Yasmine with worry. Honestly the news of Nadine was going to marry James had surprised their whole family members. They did not see it coming because they were expecting the Reid to accept Bret into their family in the future.

"Just leave him alone. He needs the rest," Yasmine convinced her sister that Bret needed some time alone to calm down and get his mind right. Even though Evian felt like comforting Bret right now, she partly agreed that her brother probably did not want to be disturbed by anyone and wanted to be alone right now.

Meanwhile inside the room, Bret sat at the edge of bed and he looked mess. He had known Nadine for years and he supposed to know her better than Lola Anj but because he was too mad and frustrated over Nadine's decision to marry James, he had hurt her by insulting and calling her the gold digger.

"Nadine, why did you do this to me?!" he cried in regret, and how he wished he could take back his words. Ever since that day, their relationship became sour and distant, and he knew that Nadine had not forgiven him although almost two months had passed since their biggest fight. Even though he probably managed to get the forgiveness from Nadine, he believed that Nadine would keep pushing through with the wedding plan.

He had heard from Martina and Freya that the wedding preparation was 70% completed and according to them, James had requested to have private beach wedding. It was Nadine's dream to get married on the beach but Bret believed that James was not her dream guy. Honestly Bret was angry with Lola Liezel and Mr. Angelo for pairing up Nadine with James.

Just because they had taken care of Nadine since she was small, they did not have any right to force Nadine to marry the man that she did not love at all. Bret had heard from Lola Anj that Nadine's late mother was the reason of Mr. Angelo and his wife's divorce. Probably that was the reason Nadine was not close with James and from Bret's eyes, he could actually see and feel that James hated Nadine.

Bret raked his messy hair as he breathed out heavily. Every inside his room was in mess and he did not bother to keep his room clean including himself. Bret stood up and walked closer to the mirror as he stared at his reflection inside there. His facial hair had not been shaved for months now and he did not care how his classmates or people would look at him every time he attended the class or walking in public areas.

"Nadine, you can't do this to me! You should be mine!" he then madly punched the mirror and did not remove his fist away even though he had seen the drops of dark blood trickled from the injured fist. The pain was nothing compared to his heartache, and he just ignored the pounding sound against his bedroom door as his two sisters begged him to let them in.

 ************

ENRIQUE arrived at James' house around eight in the morning, and he was here at this hour because Mr. Angelo and Lola Liezel had requested him to join them for breakfast today. His parents always taught him that it was impolite to pay a visit with empty hand. So he went to morning market since the mall was still closed at this hour and bought a basket of fruits for Reid family.