HATE 32

NO MATTER how many times James had pinched himself to ensure that he was not dreaming or hallucinating, he was still could not believe that Nadine and Uncle Joseph were related by blood. How could this possible when Uncle Joseph never had a child with his late wife? Could Nadine be his illegitimate child? James wanted to ask Mr. Angelo everything that his father had been hiding from him but that old man was ignoring his phone calls.

James believed that he had seen the old picture of Nadine's parents, but how could he not recognize that Uncle Joseph was Nadine's father. Even Nadine herself did not say a thing when she first met Uncle Joseph in London last time. He had been cracked his head to find the answer, but he had not found one, James lifted up his face and looked at Uncle Joseph who was calmly sitting across him and sipping his coffee.

"How is that possible?" James finally asked in disbelief. Uncle Joseph stopped drinking and put the cup back on its plate. He then quietly looked at James before a smirk appeared on his lips.

"Why? Do you think I'm trying to pull another prank on you?" Uncle Joseph questioned back as he was referring to the scene that they had put in front of him yesterday. Honestly Uncle Joseph had a lot of fun torturing James yesterday and if possible, he wanted to drag this prank longer. However, his daughter was clearly affected by this unexpected encounter and tried to run away from James again by coming to this city earlier from the scheduled flight.

"Yesterday you told me that Nadine is going to be your wife and today you introduced her as your daughter. Which one is the truth? As far as I know, you have no child and Nadine's father had passed away before she was born. So how could it be possible when you told me that she is your biological daughter?" of course James freaked out and had hard time to believe that Uncle Joseph whom he had known for years and was super close to him was actually his father-in-law.

"Impossible. That can't be true! That what was come in my mind when I discovered the truth," said Uncle Joseph as he left his seat and walked towards the glassy wall and looked at the garden outside. The leaves wilted and fell from the trees as Fall taking all the beauty of flowers and plants away. The winter is coming soon and to Uncle Joseph, he disliked that season but his late beloved wife, Judy Sophia loved that gloomy and snowy weather.

"It was a long story," Uncle Joseph closed his eyes as he recalled the shocking truth three years ago.

************

NADINE was absentmindedly walking beside the street and she had been apologizing countless time every time she accidentally bumped with people around her. Nadine looked around and just realized that she had been walking too far from her resort. What she was thinking right now? She glanced at the wrist watch and it was almost dinner time. How long she had been at outside and roaming around aimlessly with an empty stomach?

Nadine ignored the gastric pain she was having right now because the pain was nothing compared to what James had given to her a month ago. All the pain she had experienced was nothing compared to the heartbreak James had caused to her. A month had passed but the intensity of pain had increased each day and to the point she was thinking a quick way of ending this pain.

Would this pain go away if she disappeared from this world? Nadine stood quietly as she was waiting to cross the busy street. When the red light turned green, people started crossing the street but Nadine did not move an inch from her place. What was the quick way to disappear from this world? Nadine looked at the dark skies. Would she feel better if she ended this pain and misery right away? Nadine looked at the traffic light and it would turn red in 10 seconds. Nadine had to be quick in making decision and when the light turned red, she had decided to cross the street but someone abruptly pulled her from behind and held tight her shoulder.