HATE 30

THREE YEARS LATER

JAMES panted heavily as he left the squash court to get some drinks to quench his thirst. His face and shirt were drenched with sweat, and he felt fresh after spending one hour beating his opponent. It was fierce match and despite his opponent old age, that guy managed to defeat James today.

"It was a nice game. Too bad the luck was not on my side today," James said after he drank empty the water. He grabbed the mineral bottle beside him and passed it to his opponent.

"Actually, I have won the game for 3 consecutive times," that guy said proudly, but James only chuckled in respond. Instead if getting mad or annoy after being mocked by his opponent, James stood up and acknowledged his opponent's victory.

"Okay, Dad! I admit that you are great player," he said while playfully rolling his eyes. Mr. Angelo laughed in amuse before he patted James' back to console him.

"Thank you, Son. I appreciate it but you still have to keep your promise," Mr. Angelo reminded James the deal they had made before the game started.

"Yes, Dad. I remember that lunch is on whomever lost the game today," James said as he wiped his sweaty face with dry towel.

"It feels so great when your son is buying foods for you," Mr. Angelo said happily before he took the seat beside James. He was planning to have steak for lunch, and James was browsing the phone to look for best places nearby for lunch. Suddenly James received a phone call but in a second, he rejected the call and continued browsing the phone. Mr. Angelo looked at James when his phone rang the second time.

"How about Johny's Steakhouse?" James asked Mr. Angelo's opinion after he rejected the call again.

"Why don't you pick up the call?" asked Mr. Angelo even though he could guess the identity of the caller. He only smiled when James gave him ridiculous and annoying look before shaking his head after that.

"Can I file for restraining order?" James sounded as if he had enough with the person whom had been trying to reach him endlessly. Mr. Angelo once again laughed in amuse as if James was just telling a joke. However, James had been considering multiple times to take this matter seriously, so that crazy person would stay away from him.

"Maybe you should accept her dinner invitation for once and make everything clear to her," suggested Mr. Angelo, but James did not see it as the best solution for his problem. Reyna Maria dela Cruz, a rich young widow whom James had encountered in several occasions, and she had been asking him out endlessly since then.

He had politely refused her multiple time, but that woman was not someone who easily gave up. She was too bold until she went to visit his office unnecessarily. James was really did not understand why that woman was so into him when she could get the better men outside there easily. Yes, he admitted that Reyna was a dream woman; beautiful, sexy and rich, but not even once James had ever attracted to her.

"I think you should really consider it again," patting James' back, Mr. Angelo then stood up and headed towards the shower area to take bath first before leaving this sport center. James bent forward with both elbows rested on his lap and sighed heavily. Mr. Angelo was right. Avoiding Reyna like this would not solve anything. When James' phone rang again, he finally answered the call.

************

WHEN both James and Mr. Angelo arrived at home, they were surprised to see that Lola Liezel had not taken her lunch yet. The maids just set up the table and was about to bring Lola Liezel out from her room, but James stopped them. He ordered them to prepare on the tray and he would bring the foods to Lola Liezel by himself.