Chapter 17

"Huh???" Hua Cheng tilted his head in amusement while Xie Lian placed his hand on his chin while processing  everything on his head about the offer they were currently informed

"Huh???" Hua Cheng tilted his head in amusement while Xie Lian placed his hand on his chin while processing everything on his head about the offer they were currently informed.

"The Mermaid clan wants to ask the hand of Wei Wuxian heir to the throne of the Celestial Beasts. They are planning to ask for permission from the both of you and her high goddess Queen Baoshan Sanren" The representative of the Mermaid Clan replied as she bowed to the two of them.

"Well...it is a known fact that the Wuxian is quite popular among the female and male deities but what do they gain from this marriage??" Xie Lian asked "And whose hand are they offering to give to him??"

"The youngest princess of the Mermaid Clan Duan Roulan.."

Hua Cheng scoffed "What is she like?? Is her personality good?? Is she pretty?? What does she feel or affection towards my sworn brother??"

"My lady is known for her beauty matching a blooming orchid, hair as smooth as silk, eyes that shine bright like emeralds. She has a loving and pleasing personality that makes a lot of male deities go bunkers over her. She was ranked as the no.1 most beautiful and popular woman among the immortals and an excellent warrior in the battlefield" The messenger continued reporting.

"I see..." Xie Lian thought about the whole thing since the Mermaid Clan have some authority over the sea and that Shi Wudu and He Xuan are also kinda their joint boss or leaders in some way and that both are friends with Wei Wuxian. "Tell me what does the mermaid clan gain through all of this?? And how will this affect us??"

"An heir to the throne for the celestial beasts and mermaids. Someone who will combine the two people from different backgrounds and societies into one."

Hua Cheng and Xie Lian made eye contact before Xie Lian sighed the more he thought of it. "We will speak to Tian Shou Wangchu and Sanren Nuwang about this matter. For it's also for the best that we must hear his opinion about this"

The representative of the mermaid clan expressed her gratitude and exited the throne room leaving the two alone with a couple of guards.

"I still don't understand why they have to ask us for his hand in marriage?? I'm his sworn brother, not his uncle or grandfather??" Hua Cheng crossed his arms "It's not like my decision will change anything"

"You threatened and made it public to everyone in all 3 realms that anyone who wants to court Wuxian must fit your criteria"

"I don't want to force Xiao Hong into an arranged marriage or marry him off to a girl he doesn't know" Hua Cheng mumbled quietly but loud enough for Xie Lian to hear as he gave him a warm smile and patted his head which Hua Cheng bended his knees for Xie Lian to reach his head.

"I'm glad you care about him, San Lang. It's been 16 and a half years since everything happened, I want to help him move on from the pain he's feeling. Besides, if he's gonna get married the person has to go through so many people, especially the kids." Xie Lian shook his head slightly "I pity the person who's planning marry him out of fear of the many obstacles"