Chapter 38

Wei Wuxian leaned on the back of the wall and slumped down on the ground while breathing heavily. He clutched his chest where the burned marks were located and tightly shut his eyes trying to control his swarming emotions that were aching his heart and mind.

He started to hear voices of different people that belonged to his locked past saying a bunch of degrading words and insults to him like it was never ending and reminders of what he was and will always be no matter how hard he tries to forget it.

'Demonic Spawn!!'

'Son of a servant and a whore'

'WEI WUXIAN YOU MENACE!!' Sect Leader Yao's voice roared

'Monster'

'He brings nothing but chaos!'

'Devil'

'You caused the downfall of Yunmeng Jiang Sect' Yu Ziyuan's angry voice kept on reminding him that it was his fault and alone.

'The son of a whore!!'

'No wonder he's so evil!!'

'Heretic'

'Streetrat'

'You are the only mistake he had ever made' Lan Xichen told him with a cold, disappointed and emotionless voice that similar to his brother

'You killed my parents' Jin Ling's angry voice was added 'That's what you deserve monster!'

'You are just like that troublesome chaotic mother of yours' Lan Qiren's distasteful voice was even there

'Stay dead' Jingyi's voice called him out in anger 'How dare you harm Hanguang Jun!'

'Cold-hearted monster' Ouyang Zizhen's voice mocked him

'Villian!!'

'What do you expect from Cangse's brat?'

'Wei Wuxian, you vile man!! You have polluted not only my sect, but also the Lan Sect. You killed my family and you truly deserve nothing but death!!! But you better be grateful that Jin Guangyao convinced all of us that this is a better way of punishment instead of death.' Jiang Cheng's voice roared making Wei Wuxian slightly winced

'Just like mother just like so'

'Good for nothing servant'

'Wei Ying, you really are... the kind of person I hate most.' This time it was Lan Wangji's voice that came out at last and it was as cold and harsh just like it was during their last moments.

'Leave, never come back.I never want to see you or your face ever again. You disgust me...you're not worth my time. I can't believe that I had feelings for a vile, treacherous, shameless, retarted person like you!! You and I have no connections to each other. I never want to see that ridiculous face of yours ever again. If I ever see you again I would kill you and show no mercy. Be gone from my sight you lowly classed demonic cultivator!!'

When Wei Ying let out a tear escape from his eyes and silently screamed for the voices to stop and be gone or just to leave him alone. Once he learned that Lan Wangji along with a couple of familiar people were there in Yuandao the first thing he wanted to do was to scream at him or treat him the same way how he was treated back then but he has to control himself for he cannot risk on giving his identity or location or to harm his family...exactly why does fate always make him bumped into people whom he wished to forget or have no business to do at all.