Chapter seventeen

Harry's POV

Soon after their little conversation class and school ended. Him and Louis split up to grab their stuff from their lockers. They then met at the front of the school.

"Hey can we stop at the library so that I can tell my sister that I'll be late coming home" Louis said.

"Can't you text or call her" he asked.

"Were not aloud to have phones or any technology in general. Father says that it leads you onto the path of sin" Louis said.

"That's ridiculous" he said.

"I know, but it is what it is" Louis said.

They started walking in the direction of the towns public library.

"Why do you always say that" he asked.

"Well I guess it's because you can't change everything. You have to just live life as it is you know" Louis said.

"I think that you can determine how you live. I don't believe in 'it is what it is' like you do. I live it by it is what you make it" he said.

"I wish I could live by that"Louis said.

"Why can't you" he asked curiously.

"Life is too complicated. People want too many things from you" Louis explained.

"So how would you live if nobody wanted anything from you" he asked.

"Free" Louis answered simply.

"From what"he asked.

"I don't know, everything. Life, responsibility, expectations. I'm just tired of it all you know" Louis said.

"Pretending is tiring" he said.

"Yeah it is" Louis confirmed.

They continued to walk together until they reached the library. They went in and found Fizzy in the corner of the library reading a book, just like he did yesterday.

"Hey Fiz, can you tell father that I'm going to be home late, and won't be home for dinner" Louis said.

"Why" she asked.

"I have to work on a project with Harry, so I'm going to go to Harry's house" Louis explained.

"Have fun then" she said winking at him.

Louis looked between them confused but didn't say anything about it. They said goodbye and headed out of the library to his house to work on the project.

"What was that about" Louis asked.

"Nothing" he responded. They walked the rest of the way in comfortable silence. Being with Louis was enough, even if they were silent.

When they reached his house they went inside. Neither his mum nor his dad were home, so it was just them. Bering zone with Louis made him a bit nervous. It made him think back to the kiss they shared at the party. It made him want to feel that same feeling again, but he knew that that would never happen again.

"Let's go to my room" he said leading Louis up the stairs to his room.

"Sure" Louis responded a little awkwardly.

They went into his room, and he jumped onto his bed. Louis just stood in the doorway awkwardly as if he didn't know what to do.

"Sorry my room still isn't all unpacked yet. You know you can come in right" he said.

"Oh yeah, sorry" Louis said coming into the room and sitting down at the desk.

"You don't have to apologize all the time" he said.