SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO

♠︎

♠︎

finally, in the room where the heathkit was. the girls sit at the table, next to each other.

as the boys turned on the radio, the sounds of the radio frequencies tuning suddenly triggered a flash back for the twin sisters.

♠︎

"eleven, twelve are you listening?"

the girls were sat at a table, sat next to each other with their papa stood towering over them.

"that man before you...i need you girls to find him." papa instructed.

"hurt him?" eleven piped up.

"no, no." he said with a shake of his head. "i don't want you girls to hurt him, i want you girls to listen to him."

"listen?" el echoed.

"yes." he replied. "i want you girls to listen to what he says and the both of you to repeat his words back to me."

he made eye contact with eve as he said "just like we used to with those old nursery rhymes." she shifted uncomfortably in her chair, feeling small and useless. "do you remember? hmm?"

eve slowly nodded her head, remembering clearly of those nursery rhymes.

they haunted her in her sleep.

"do you think you girls can do that for me?" brenner asked the two, now making eye contact with eleven who was looking over at eve.

"mmm-hmm." the girls both hummed in response.

"good." he purred.

the radio then turned on. the girls turned to face it, concentrating on it with all their might.

their eyes closed as they heard the words that they knew all so well being spoken to them.

it was the first thing they were ever taught.

"amulet. frigid. evolve. airplane."

"eleven, twelve?" papa said, cutting off the man. "repeat the words."

and they did as they were told.

♠︎

outside of their heads, stood the boys who were watching them both contently.

even though they were all on edge right now.

"they're doing it. they're finding him!"

"this is crazy!"

"calm down. they just closed their eyes." lucas said, deflated.

all of a sudden, the lights switched off making all three of the boys gasp.