Chapter 26; "Not Like We Have Another Choice."

>***_A/N_***<

Hey guys, thank you for putting up with me through that whole break thing. There were a lot of little school things stressing me out and then something a bit more major happened...or had been happening since last month. There were issues with my girlfriend and I ended up having to break up with her, issues with my friends who've now completely stopped talking to me based on a rumor another of my supposed "friends" made up, my now ex-girlfriend started dating someone else the very next school day after trying to get me back by saying she'd have to wait a year before dating someone else, and on top of that the school stressors haven't faded at all. But I'm as good as I can get with all this as of Sunday the 8th, so I'm back and ready to write again!

Also on a lighter note, I wanted to give a major thank you to moon2wolf for the 43 notifications I had when I logged on the morning of Thursday the 5th. They starred every chapter and A/N from Ch. 14 of Tell Me Why to Ch. 16 of Do-Over. Thank you very much!

I'm glad to be back, and I'm sure Hunter will feel the same, so let's get to it!

>***_End Of A/N_***<

Jayy's POV

I got in and sat down on the couch, the toe of my shoe tapping on the floor the way my fingers had on the steering wheel the entire way home. It was time for Dahvie to find out if he'd done his job, and if Hunter would be home by Ronnie's will or by force. Dahvie'd done pretty good for the defense, so it wasn't an obscure thought that she might come home.

Even so, it still meant that Dahvie wouldn't be home until at least fifteen minutes after me, and I was not excited about the anxiety that awaited me until then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eventually though, Dahvie did come in, looking beat. He sighed. "Rough trial."

"Yeah," I said impatiently.

"You think she'll win?"

"I hope not."

"Well neither do I, but... It seemed like I did a little 'too' good of a job, ya know?"

"Yeah?" There was strong hope in my voice. If he thought he did good after talking to Ronnie... "Then is she...?"

Dahvie chuckled. "I knew you were waiting for it. Yeah, she'll be back by eight PM tonight or I can call the cops and tell them that I found out what she tried to do to Hunter. I negotiated that out of her. If I did, she'd be taken into custody immediately and held until the end of this whole thing."

I nodded. "So by eight then?"

"Yeah."

Shit... I thought. Five thirty.

"I know," he said. "But it's all we can do right now. Might as well wait."

I sighed. "Not like we have another choice."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I froze in fear as Ronnie walked back into the room where I was tied to a chair. It was a soundproof room from back when Jade and I used to mess around on a guitar a couple years back.

Jade... It's been so long since I used her name. I didn't even tell it to Jayy when we talked about her. I sent up a silent prayer to her before cringing as I noticed a sharp pocketknife in Ronnie's hand. Oh God... She can't kill me with just that. I can't fight back like this either! I'm so screwed.

I'm sorry Jayy. I love you.

>***_A/N_***<

Sorry it's so short guys, recent events have me really burnt out...

>***_End Of A/N_***<