╰► 07: getting along

a few days after that little scene, johnny slowly began to feel vast amounts of guilt.

when him and yoomin met up at that fancy restaurant, it was nice to have company— but it just... it didn't feel right. johnny couldn't even finish his meal because of the guilt that began to settle in his gut. he excused it to yoomin that he was just full.

and at that night, when things began to get steamy while everyone was asleep, he couldn't even get it up. he tells yoomin that he was just exhausted.

he hated that ten is giving him the cold shoulder. i mean, he deserves it. hurting the kids means he's also hurting ten aswell. the omega treats them as if they were his, and the kids see him as their mom, even resorting to calling him mama ten during overwhelming situations.

johnny feels stupid. he is stupid. he hated the look of disappointment on winter's face before he left and he also didn't like the look taeyong and doyoung gave him when he got into his office.

so what's the hot issue? johnny suh just showed everyone how much of a shit person he was.

back at home, yoomin is busy doing her makeup until an idea strikes her when one of her friends had requested it during one of their little girls night hangouts.

when she finishes her make up, she exits her shared bedroom with johnny and looks for the twins. they're not in their bedroom, but the loud giggling in the backyard is a dead giveaway.

walking over to the sliding doors, the kids are busy playing in the pool while ten sat outside the pool, sleeves of his sweater rolled up as he swished water at the two kids. it's a wholesome sight to look at, but i can do better, yoomin thinks.

she pads onto the porch, her heels clacking against the wood. "ten! kids!" the three's attention travel to her, smiles immediately disappearing. ten purses his lips, carrying the kids out of the pool.

both yangyang and donghyuck are dressed in their cute swimwear— yangyang was wearing an orange rash-guard while donghyuck wore a yellow one.

"ten, can you get the kids ready? we're going out to the mall." the twin's faces contort in confusion. "why?" donghyuck asks as ten, pats him down with a towel. yoomin smiles, her cheek filler balling up like it's supposed to.

"why not? it's so we can bond as a family of course!" she exclaims but the twins barely show any interest.

"okay, i'll get the kids ready as soon as possible." ten says, wrapping the kids in a towel burrito. the two scurry away to go shower while ten cleaned up. yoomin smirks, watching ten clean up the backyard by himself. the other maids were out running errands and ten had told them that he would be fine at home with the kids... and yoomin of course.

"can you spare atleast 10 minutes please? so i can get ready?" ten asks, walking up to her with a hopeful look. te beta scoffs. "you're not coming with us. it's just us family bonding together, and you're not included. you can just stay at home." she tauntingly says, looking smug when she walks away leaving a speechless ten.

so much for playing nice, i guess.

when they're about to leave, the kids stop at the front door and turn to look at ten who's fiddling his hands. the kids hug his legs, not wanting to go. yoomin rolls her eyes.

"can't we just stay home?" yangyang looks up at her with furrowed brows. "no, yangyang— we have to bond as a family since i am technically your mother." she says matter-of-factly and ten holds in the urge to roll his eyes.

the older twin huffs, burrying his face in ten's sweatpants. the omega smiles, feeling flattered. "cubs, you have to go now. your mom is waiting for you over there," ten doesn't miss the confident glint in yoomin's eyes when he refers to her as their mom.