╰► 29: trying to

a/n: last chapter wasn't meant to be so depressing, but it just kinda happened. i'll make it up to you guys in the next chapters. love you guys! 💚

——

"halloween month is in a few days, what do you guys have in mind?" kun asks, taking out a handful of popcorn from the bowl he shared with hansol as the conjuring played on the tv.

jaehyun leans back into the bean bag, circling his arm around taeyong. "sleep and give kids candy," he says, unfazed by the zombie that just got it's head blasted off by a shotgun. taeyong lightly smacks him on the chest. "you're so lame. what happened to that cute little guy i married who used to throw pokeballs at hansol?" taeyong asks with a dramatic pout. the alpha just giggles, kissing him on the cheek. "would throw cinder blocks at hansol just for you, babe." jaehyun winks.

"why am i always the ass of the jokes?" hansol asks, clearly bothered at the fact that jaehyun is a man of his word and would actually throw cement blocks at him. "why not? you're the one with the most patience out of us; yuta would end up hurting someone's feelings, johnny would've snapped someone in half, jaehyun would unleash hell upon them, doyoung would've straight up killed someone and taeyong is too nice to be the butt of the jokes." kun explains, which makes hansol frown, burying his face into the omega's neck, faking a dramatic sob.

ten giggles, uninterested in the horror movie playing on screen. "what plans do you have for halloween?" he asks, brushing his hair back before tying it in a small ponytail.

"how about we dress up? like a good ol' traditional halloween party," sicheng offers. "yeah, but who are we going to be dressed as?" asks jaehyun, brushing back his his long hair. the amount of times jungwoo has said that he looks like a toddler with his new hairstyle, he swears on actually cutting his hair one of these days.

"i don't know....disney princesses?" sicheng shrugs which makes the others snort. "hey? that's not so bad! i can dress up as belle!" taeil defends, standing up but doyoung pulls him back next to him. the group shrugs, finding the idea okay.

"there aren't alot of disney princesses to begin with, so we have to pick wisely with out costume decisions." taeyong says, ruffling his black hair. "wait, how about he just pull names out of a hat and they can dress like whoever is on the paper? like let's say i draw from a hat and i get 'snow white', that means i have to dress up as her now for halloween." kun quickly explains his idea and the others nod in agreement.

"alright, everyone seems to be complete here so how about we just do it now, so that everyone has some time to get ready?" lucas asks, tearing his gaze from the interesting movie.

for context, the parents decided to have a sleepover while the kids were passed out in chenle and renjun's bedroom and so here they are, three horror movies and alot of popcorn later, they're now talking about halloween parties.

soon enough, kun's scribbling down different characters from different shows and movies on a sheet of paper for everyone to dress up while ten cut them up and crumpled them before tossing the pieces of paper in one of hansol's (expensive) snapbacks.

the first to draw was taeyong who nervously stuck his hand in the hat full of paper. when he read the contents, he praises the genies for giving him an easy character to portray. some of the guys seemed to be bothered, like jaehyun who just sighed heavily while reading his given character.

"okay, so...should we surprise everyone at the partty, or should we just expose out characters now?" jungwoo asks, leaning back into the bean bag he was previously on. the group decided to expose their characters now just from sheer curiosity.