Prolog

Niam

I hear his screams, muffled by the thick walls, let him stop his whining. I cover my ears, but I can still hear his screams. I have to do something! He should finally stop hurting my little brother.

In my room I hid under the covers on my bed. For a few days there has been no trace of our mother and Mistral misses her very much. I think he asked HIM about it. To help Mistral I sneak to the door and look through the keyhole. Nobody is at the door. I open it slowly and hope it doesn't start to creak. I slowly look left and right. No guards, so I can dare to sneak to the stairs. Still no one to be seen.

I carefully descend the curved staircase step by step. No guard can be seen. So I sneak on. I scurry through the foyer and stand in front of the salon. His screams are so loud. I look through the brass-studded keyhole and see her.

Mistral kneels in front of HIM crying. Its delicate black wings hang limply and the left wing looks strangely twisted. He's only seven! His whole demeanor expresses a fear that will doom for all of us. A fear that we are not allowed to show HIM. He has just turned away from Mistral. I hate him. I can't even put this hatred into words anymore. He turns around again.

Father now has his back to the door. I carefully push the handle down. Your cold metal tells me that I am not dreaming.
Then everything goes very quickly. As if at the speed of light I stand behind him and suddenly my hand is in him and encloses his heart. With all my strength I tear it out of him and Cadmus falls to his knees. I push him aside and throw his depraved heart next to him, in that there was certainly not a single piece of love to be found.

Mistral is kneeling in front of me, bleeding and crying: "I just wanted to see mom!" He sobs and begins to cry even more bitterly. His tears roll down his cheeks. I kneel to him and hold him tightly in my arms. "It is over! Mistral now everything will be better. "