Flashback

Calandra

I open my mother's diary, or rather documentation, as it turns out, and start reading:

I was born in a small suburb of London in 1855. My family was not very wealthy, nor was it very rich. We were able to stay afloat, but the money was only enough for the bare essentials. So it wasn't very practical that I got pregnant at the age of 25 through a silly mistake. My child died in childbirth, I don't even know what gender it was, and I had lost too much blood. Again and again I lost consciousness and was close to death. Then I had something like a vision or was it a dream after all? A young man appeared to me, later found out his name was Paxton, and the next time I woke up I saw my family standing around me. My mother cried in my father's arms and screamed, "Why only? Why only her? "Her screaming sounded so desperate that it broke my heart. My two sisters stood on the edge and cried. My brother sat on the bed next to me and also cried." Mother, father, I'm here you can't see me ? "I asked timidly. "They don't see you, you are dead to them." I heard a pleasantly melodious voice behind me. I turned around in shock and saw him. The man from my dream "Who are you and what do you mean?" "I'm Paxton, an angel and so are you now." "Why don't they see me?" "People can only see us when we remove the glitter. Angels are invisible to them. "

For the next 20 years, Paxton became my best friend and we went through thick and thin together. He taught me what it means to be an angel and we fought together. We defended the supreme law until at some point I began to develop feelings for him. Then at the turn of the century there was the great battle that lasted 10 years and so many friends fell or became creatures of darkness. So I lost my best friend too, because he decided to go on living as a demon. I could never forgive him for this decision. After the war I just wanted to forget and threw myself into work. I tried to understand why he didn't want to just die. Why did he choose to become a demon? For years I told myself he did it because he couldn't say goodbye to me. Total bullshit, but better than believing he wanted to be a demon. I worked order by order, also in the human world. However, I never met a person or angel like Paxton.

Until 1999. I had to go to Delminum because the council of elders met there that year. I had worked my way up and was now one of the top angels. One of my responsibilities was to lead the elders' meeting every 30 years. So I met Paxton, who also attended the meeting, and all feelings were there again. I had butterflies in my stomach again and became weak. 9 months later your sister was born. Paxton took her in and we decided to tell you two that you have a sister, but not what her name is or what she looks like. At first I was very curious whether she looks like me, but now I don't want to know anymore. Since Paxton is a demon and I is an angel, it is not uncommon to have children in different years. You were born on the same day as her just 5 years later and in May. I myself don't know what my first daughter looks like or is called.

I was lucky enough to see my beloved daughter grow up. However, one day I'll have to tell her about my past.

I take a deep breath and take a handkerchief out of the handkerchief pack, clean my nose and wipe my tears away. My mother is so strong, until today I didn't even know how strong. I am ashamed to think that she doesn't care about me. I get up and go to the door, open it and look for my mother. When I have found her I take her in my arms: "I am not judging you. You are the strongest person I know and I love you so much. "Mother now begins to cry too, presses me and gives me a kiss on the forehead." I love you so much, Calandra. "