Epilog

Aideen is visibly nervous when she is looking for Niam. Your heart is beating very fast. How will Niam react? Does he run away? Does he leave her alone? Will it all be too much for him? Those stupid thoughts, which cannot be prevented! She can feel her hands getting sweaty.

Finally she finds Niam in his bedroom. After the death of her father, she temporarily moved in with Niam and Mistral - in their castle. "Hey my little Flammchen.", He greets her smiling and walks towards her. Aideen flinches and tears form in her eyes. The loss of her father is still too deep and even if Flammchen was always Niam's nickname for her, mine Little reminded her too much of her father. "I'm sorry, I should have thought of that!" Niam looks at her apologetically and then carefully takes her in his arms. "It's okay," mumbled Aideen, her head sunk into his chest before she takes a deep breath and inhales its scent. It smells of the moss and fresh earth. Niam had only recently returned from his trip with Dougal into the dark forest. She breaks away from his embrace. "I need to talk to you. You better sit down now." Confused, Niam sits down on his bed, looks at Aideen with a raised eyebrow and an expectant look.

"What is Flammchen?" He eyed her worriedly as she began to pace up and down.

"Please stay calm now ..." Aideen takes another deep breath and then looks firmly into Niam's eyes: "I'm pregnant!" He runs out of air, he opens his eyes and his mouth stays open. "So it's from you!" Aideen hurries to add.

Niam slowly gets up and takes firm and sure steps towards her. There is nothing of "I'm leaving" or "I'm leaving you" to be felt. Then he kneels down in front of her and takes a box out of his trouser pocket.

"I wanted to ask you one way or another, but this baby changes everything!" Is that a positive statement or a negative? Aideen starts to get nervous again and feels her hands get sweaty again. Niam must have felt her discomfort and wants to calm her down , he paints gentle patterns with his finger on her hands.

"Aideen, I've been drawn to you from the very first moment and you ... you are the most perfect woman I know. I love you and this baby It makes our life perfect, it makes me so happy. You, you ... "he says while he puts a hand on her stomach," You are my whole happiness. " Aideen has to swallow and tears form in her eyes. "Aideen Kevala, do you want to be my wife?" Silently but smiling happily, she nods and watches as Niam puts his engagement ring, a gold ring with a finely cut diamond, on her finger. He stands up and kisses her.