29.

The Council of Elders (Council of Demons)

"We have gathered here today in the Great Hall of Demons to discuss the Mistral Ashoka case!" The other assembled demons nod, even if they look sad. "For the first time in about 600 years the Supreme Law has been broken and we must act quickly now. " Another demon continues. Paxton sits on the council and doesn't believe his ears can be believed. How dare Mistral be so careless? And then an angel. Why does Niam allow this? "We have to call him to us and confront him." "Do you really think he's going to tell us the truth?" "We have to lure him out of the reserve!" Paxton is considering taking sides for Mistral. "At least we have to watch him, otherwise he will be a danger!" The others nod in agreement and Mistral receives a letter asking him to appear before the council of elders immediately.

The Council of Elders (Council of Angels)

"We have gathered here today in the elven clearing to talk about the Calandra Sushila case!" The other angels gathered nod, even if they seem sad. Asterin (Calandra's mother) is visibly uncomfortable and deep inside she is deeply saddened by the fact that it had to come to this. "For the first time in about 600 years the Supreme Law has been broken and we must act quickly now." Another angel continues. "We have to call her to us and confront her." Asterin begins and would like to slap herself for it. "Do you really think she will tell us the truth?" "We just have to lure her out of the reserve!" "At least we have to watch her, otherwise she'll be a danger!" The others nod in agreement, except for Asterin, who is very ashamed of betraying her own daughter so much. Calandra receives a letter asking him to appear before the council of elders immediately.

Calandra

"Oh my god Aideen!" I scream, getting slightly hysterical. She quickly teleports to me. "What's going on?" "I got a letter from the council of elders!" "A letter? Is that that bad?" "Yes, that is extremely bad! I GOT A LETTER FROM THE COUNCIL! "" You mean, they suspect ... because of you and ... "I nod and feel my hands start to tremble. "I will definitely see my mother and ... and ... oh my God." Then I begin to tear apart. Aideen is with me immediately and closes me in a tight hug. "I can't go there!" "Hey Calandra, you ... I'll come with you and wait for you outside."

"No. That's nice of you, but I have to go through it alone, because the council doesn't know that I have demonic powers and that I'm just a half angel. How do you think they react when they find out that I have a sister who is also a demon? Really, I don't mean that I regret knowing you're my sister. Really, I swear to you. I'm so happy to know, no, to know you. I grew dearly fond of you. But I think the Council will never forgive me. "I hang my head, but I feel Aideen grab my chin with her right hand and lift it up to look her in the eye." Hey you not so many thoughts. I will wait here for you and you can come back anytime. I am and will always be your sister and be there for you. They will not harm you, because then they will do it to me and our father I swear to you. " Tears are forming in my eyes, how lucky I am to have Aideen as a sister. "Thanks."

Arrived at the Elben clearing
I nervously straighten my T-shirt, even though it is now smooth. I've never had to go before the council. So really never, I've never broken a law or one of the many rules. And now? I nervously wet my lips. How should I greet you? Hello High Council? No, I can't do that. I'm torn from my thoughts because my mother walks up to me. She has tears in her eyes. "Calandra, dear ..." Of course she can't find any words again. "I'm ... I'm so sorry that ..."

I take it back, she can't find any suitable words. I try to give her a murderous look. "Madre, please leave me alone!" "Where have you been during the last few months?" I want to turn away from her, but can't resist the urge to rub the following under her nose: "I've been living with my sister for the last few months." Mother's worried look gives way to a look that expresses mixed feelings and then is her look very dull. For a moment I am afraid that I have hurt her badly, but a moment later I do not care. She betrayed me to the council and I am no longer her daughter. "You will never be on the wrong side if you are on the wrong side know that you will always think it's the right one. Take care and goodbye. " I want to roll my eyes for a moment, mother's wisdom is always tough. On the one hand it sounds so final, on the other hand it hurt me deeply. And what for: You're on the wrong side because I think it's the right one? I am very much on the right side, it is she who made the wrong decision.